Pup's First Season

coff20

Pup's First Season

Post by coff20 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:05 am

I've only made a few posts on here sporadically over the last few years, but have been a pretty frequent lurker. I love reading people's posts and seeing everyone's pictures and I've definitely been able to learn quite a bit, so thanks. I got a new brittany pup last January. He's the first bird dog I've trained by myself. Living in Eastern Oregon for school I am blessed with the opportunity to hunt a lot of different birds in some of beautiful places. Entering the season, my expectations weren't too high, as I figured both me and the pup would still have a lot of learning to do. That being said, within the first month of the season I was able to shoot a rooster, quail, huns, and chukar over his points, all before his first birthday. It's been a great season so far and I'm looking forward to many more to come. Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year everyone.
003 - Copy - Copy (2).JPG
108 - Copy.JPG
020 - Copy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Let no man be ashamed to kneel here in the great out-of-doors. Remember the woods were God's first temples." Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises

"There's nothin' better than a boy and his dog just out travelin' 'round the backcountry" -Some Old Hippie

coff20

Re: Pup's First Season

Post by coff20 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:13 am

007 - Copy.JPG
008 - Copy - Copy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Let no man be ashamed to kneel here in the great out-of-doors. Remember the woods were God's first temples." Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises

"There's nothin' better than a boy and his dog just out travelin' 'round the backcountry" -Some Old Hippie

Max2

Post by Max2 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:39 am

Very nice kid !
Keep these updates coming .

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:43 am

Looks like you've got yourself a hunting dog!

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:33 pm

Hunt hard while you are both young--It gets tougher & tougher to hunt as you both get older--- I speak with experience after 1 knee replaced and the other going :roll: . It looks like you have yourself a great hunting partner. :D Have a great season :!: :!: