Texas Quail Lease

Deets

Texas Quail Lease

Post by Deets » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:48 pm

I recently moved to the Houston area from Oklahoma. No more freebies, I have to pay to play now. I'm am prepared to do that, and I am willing to drive 4-5 hours to do so. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find a quail lease in Texas?

reba

Re: Texas Quail Lease

Post by reba » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:37 am

Deets,

As strange as it may sound do a "goog;e" search for "quail lease in Texas" lots of stuff there.

BTW what breed of dog do you show in the picture. Looks like a GSP with a long tail.

Best wishes

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Reba, I'm prepared to guess that the dog in Deets avatar is not only ALL pointer, but it has Elhew blood up front. I could be wrong though - wouldn't be the first time.
Sorry Deets, don't know Texas............yet.

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:03 am

tekoa

Post by tekoa » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:47 pm

Bee County, TX ( and Counties adjacent to Bee) has very good quail numbers and is only 2-3 hours West of Houston. Leases are usually gone by May. Best source on leases and all things Quail is the Gulf Coast Chapter of Quail Forever (http://gulfcoastquailforever3066.org/ which meets in Houston. Most of the guys and gals in the Chapter have long standing leases. I was able to get invites to hunt their leases with them.

Most of my quail hunting experience was in the Llano Estacado , Texas Panhandle. Leases are more available and less costly than in Bee County but it's a seven hour drive in good weather.

Here is a good place to start your lease hunt:

[url]http://www.leasehunter.com/content/texas-quail-hunting[/url

Good Luck

blanked

Post by blanked » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:53 am

Hey neighbor. I live in the next town over. Magnolia. But I do all out of state hunting for the most part.