Montana Hunt

coff20

Montana Hunt

Post by coff20 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Headed to Montana on a little bit of a whim to chase some birds. I didn't put in enough off season time keeping the dog sharp, so the first few hunts were a little rough, but we came around. Finding some sharp tails added the fifth species of bird shot over my pup a few months before his second birthday. After this warm up we're just waiting for pheasants and chukar to open up here in Oregon. Happy hunting everyone.
078 - Copy.JPG
040 - Copy.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Let no man be ashamed to kneel here in the great out-of-doors. Remember the woods were God's first temples." Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises

"There's nothin' better than a boy and his dog just out travelin' 'round the backcountry" -Some Old Hippie

NEhomer

Re: Montana Hunt

Post by NEhomer » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:03 am

Terrific....thanks for posting the pics~

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:06 pm

The dog looks tired in the 1st pic and happy in the 2nd pic---so I'm guessing the dog enjoyed the trip alot :!: :!: :D

bustingcover

Post by bustingcover » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Looks like a fun hunt. I’ll be making a trip from Oregon to MT to chase huns and sharptails in a couple weeks after chukar and hun season here.
You like these dogs because you like the truth. And these dogs, if you watch them, they will show you the truth.