Update on wolves as of this week. Read full article. Sx3

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:10 pm

Hunter has harrowing encounter with wolves near Isabella, MN.

Justin Bailey of Keewatin was hunting ruffed grouse near Isabella on Tuesday morning when a wolf chased his hunting dog out of the woods.

"He was coming at me 100 miles per hour, and right behind him was a wolf, biting at his heels," said Bailey, 33. "They probably passed 5 or 6 feet from us."

Bailey was standing at the edge of the road with his son, Andrew Bailey, 3, and his nephew, Brock Bjelland, 5, of Marble, whom he had brought along for the day of hunting.

The wolf chased the dog, Henry, a 1-year-old German wire-haired pointer, back to Bailey's pickup in the road, he said.

"The dog jumped in the window of the truck, and the wolf did a quick lap around the truck," Bailey said.

That's when Bailey noticed two more wolves coming out of the woods at the edge of the road. Three more came out about 100 yards down the road, Bailey said.

"I think we saw six total," he said. "I was yelling at the one that went around the truck. He wasn't very timid, that's for sure. He was 15 feet from the truck and turned around and watched me put the kids in the truck."

During the encounter, Bailey fired one round from his 20-gauge shotgun into the air in an effort to scare off the wolves.

"They didn't even flinch," he said.

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/outdoo ... r-isabella

Gooseman07

Post by Gooseman07 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:37 pm

That's why I carry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MNTonester

Re: Update on wolves as of this week. Read full article. Sx3

Post by MNTonester » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:57 pm

I hunt near Findland, a bit down the road from Isabella. Do believe I will remember to carry in that neck of the woods

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Update on wolves as of this week. Read full article. Sx3

Post by DonF » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:39 am

I would not even hunt in that neck of the woods! If a wolf was to chase my dog past me a 6', I'd shoot the thing, law be "bleep"!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!