What does a chap do when Mother Nature calls while hunting?

JonBailey

What does a chap do when Mother Nature calls while hunting?

Post by JonBailey » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:32 am

Do bad bowel issues, bad bladder issues or IBS keep you out of the field?

I have been browsing around amazon.com. They have those folding instant pop-up tent things and a folding portable toilet to boot.
Some models have floors attached to them so the wind doesn't blow the privacy shelter away while you are sitting on the pot.
The weight of the person seated on the folding potty holds the shelter in place if there is a floor. You get four metal stakes as well.
There are even camo color pattern porta-john tents so game is not spooked.

A portable folding john is definitely something I would have to have packed in my gear while at a dove stand, at a deer stand or at a duck blind.

I guess you could leave the thing at the truck while at a pheasant field too.

These things seem like they would great for many outdoor recreations: camping, boating, fishing, dog training sessions in remote areas, shooting/plinking in remote areas and hunting.
"Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day." - William Shakespeare

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: What does a chap do when Mother Nature calls while hunting?

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:26 am

The very first time I have ever heard this question asked on an outdoor hunting forum. Can be a valid question I guess if you have a problem but if I am having those problems, I stay home.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:18 am

Jon, you have asked some of the most profound questions on this site that I have ever seen. Obviously you have too much time on your hands and can only sit at your computer dreaming up some these outrageous questions. Please reign it in!
Janee's August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle 2008-2016
https://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree ... erations=5

JONOV

Post by JONOV » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:20 am

He answers. Many hunters keep toilet paper in their day pack for such an abnormality. Never known one that wasn't camping to bring a portable.

JonBailey

Post by JonBailey » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:03 am

ezzy333 wrote:The very first time I have ever heard this question asked on an outdoor hunting forum. Can be a valid question I guess if you have a problem but if I am having those problems, I stay home.

Ezzy

I cannot allow my IBS to make me a prisoner of it. I'm glad to know that amazon dot com has me covered should I ever go dove shooting.

I went deer hunting 22 years ago and got hit by a runs attack in the morning right after my guide went back to his ranch house to get his pickup truck to haul out my freshly-shot buck. Before the morning hunt, his wife had made a scrumptious breakfast of biscuits, eggs, cheese, sausage, bacon and gravy that was good but greasy and that gave my belly the rumbles. A big tree makes a nice back rest to squat against while doing the deed. The same tree also makes a nice place to stand my rifle against with an empty chamber of course.

Yes, I had a roll in my backpack even then and yes, a forest for deer hunting has plenty of big trees for privacy screening. An open dove field or pheasant field might not offer such sizable vegetation for privacy.

Of course, your dog is not so bashful about relieving himself with an audience in the field.
"Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day." - William Shakespeare

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:52 am

I think one of the most critical competencies for a dog trainer is being able to assess behavior. It is a window to perspective in humans and animals. If we understand perspective we have a basis to communicate, the best way to shape behavior is to communicate in a manner most efficient and germane to the receiver. Dogs are simpler than humans as they readily accept their role. Humans have more acute emotional neurosis.

In literature, some of the more critical character developments are the antagonists and the clowns. The meteoric rise of personal exposure through social media mediums has spawned and or exposed an unprecedented level of humans assuming the roles of antagonists and clowns. They are necessary to the story; it stokes their ego as they gain attention or notoriety without having to directly face the awkwardness of their actions. Like a character in a story.

In real life being a protagonist takes work. Dog training heavyweights like Mo, Jonesy, and the Smith’s, Hickox, Tracy’s, et al, and with forgiveness to many, many more who I have gained information from in the past on-line, have given up. They have withdrawn because an activity that largely skirted reality dramas, and sports talk has been infiltrated by the clowns. It is really easy to be an antagonist on line, it’s never easy to be the protagonist and bring value, even harder when you have to wade through and engage those here for their own entertainment and not the work of education.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:26 pm

Chukar12 wrote:I think one of the most critical competencies for a dog trainer is being able to assess behavior. It is a window to perspective in humans and animals. If we understand perspective we have a basis to communicate, the best way to shape behavior is to communicate in a manner most efficient and germane to the receiver. Dogs are simpler than humans as they readily accept their role. Humans have more acute emotional neurosis.

In literature, some of the more critical character developments are the antagonists and the clowns. The meteoric rise of personal exposure through social media mediums has spawned and or exposed an unprecedented level of humans assuming the roles of antagonists and clowns. They are necessary to the story; it stokes their ego as they gain attention or notoriety without having to directly face the awkwardness of their actions. Like a character in a story.

In real life being a protagonist takes work. Dog training heavyweights like Mo, Jonesy, and the Smith’s, Hickox, Tracy’s, et al, and with forgiveness to many, many more who I have gained information from in the past on-line, have given up. They have withdrawn because an activity that largely skirted reality dramas, and sports talk has been infiltrated by the clowns. It is really easy to be an antagonist on line, it’s never easy to be the protagonist and bring value, even harder when you have to wade through and engage those here for their own entertainment and not the work of education.
Personally I think "He" is just taking the piss now ! ...and some good folk , because they are good folk are still pandering to a feckin Lunatic . I am done.
fb has a block button ,pity it is not an option on here.

SCT

Post by SCT » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:40 pm

polmaise wrote:
Chukar12 wrote:I think one of the most critical competencies for a dog trainer is being able to assess behavior. It is a window to perspective in humans and animals. If we understand perspective we have a basis to communicate, the best way to shape behavior is to communicate in a manner most efficient and germane to the receiver. Dogs are simpler than humans as they readily accept their role. Humans have more acute emotional neurosis.

Personally I think "He" is just taking the piss now ! ...and some good folk , because they are good folk are still pandering to a feckin Lunatic . I am done.
At this point I think the moderators might be having some entertainment. Can't imagine they are seeing it as sincere questioning.

JonBailey

Post by JonBailey » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:41 pm

polmaise wrote:

Moderator, please discipline this poster for verbal abuse toward other members, including an American With Disabilities here. I think personal hygiene and sanitation in the field is a pertinent matter to address when one considers outdoor activities such as dogs, birds and guns. And my question and thread was intended to be serious, not monkey business.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:47 pm

polmaise wrote:...fb has a block button ,pity it is not an option on here.
There is the Friends/Foes option to Ignore a poster.....at least, there used to be.

My only concern is IF the odd folks are able to negatively influence any new folks truly interested in learning, as opposed to instructing or trolling. At times, bad information needs addressed to offset and reduce the parroting of info round the Internet...imho.
Bad in gets bad out in an equation.
May be less of an issue than I believe tho....hope so, anyway...fingers crossed.

JonBailey

Post by JonBailey » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:50 pm

SCT wrote:
polmaise wrote:

At this point I think the moderators might be having some entertainment. Can't imagine they are seeing it as sincere questioning.
Please don't put thoughts inside the minds of moderators. It's like putting words in other people's mouths. Please let the moderators speak their own minds with their own tongues. Thank you, people.

I would welcome mods to even lock this thread but I don't even know if humans are overseeing this site.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:01 pm

JonBailey wrote:Moderator, please discipline this poster for verbal abuse toward other members, including an American With Disabilities here. I think personal hygiene and sanitation in the field is a pertinent matter to address when one considers outdoor activities such as dogs, birds and guns. And my question and thread was intended to be serious, not monkey business.
That's your problem, Jon. You don't know the difference between serious posts that can lead to some good honest discussion and the "really stupid post" category that most of your posts and questions fall into. It appears you have little common sense. You would be much better off researching answers to your questions rather than posting on this site. Your posts have very little, if any, merit. With all the issues that you have indicated you have, both monetarily and physically I don't think bird hunting is for you.
Janee's August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle 2008-2016
https://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree ... erations=5

JonBailey

Post by JonBailey » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Dakotazeb wrote:
JonBailey wrote:Moderator, please discipline this poster for verbal abuse toward other members, including an American With Disabilities here. I think personal hygiene and sanitation in the field is a pertinent matter to address when one considers outdoor activities such as dogs, birds and guns. And my question and thread was intended to be serious, not monkey business.
That's your problem, Jon. You don't know the difference between serious posts that can lead to some good honest discussion and the "really stupid post" category that most of your posts and questions fall into. It appears you have little common sense. You would be much better off researching answers to your questions rather than posting on this site. Your posts have very little, if any, merit. With all the issues that you have indicated you have, both monetarily and physically I don't think bird hunting is for you.
Then please tell me what the PURPOSE of this site is?

Let's leave my state of personal wealth and health of of it for now.

You don't know me personally and it's not fair to judge me.

Even if a person never bird-hunts in his life there is nothing wrong with studying up on it.
It is something that interests me in terms of knowledge.
Many people like to study the moon and the heavens though they will never be astronauts.

My posts have no merit. I did not think this site was a popularity contest.

And why are discussions about how a person DEALS with bodily functions in remote areas often encountered while hunting "stupid"?
Dealing with taking a poop is not part of your outdoor planning? Do outdoors men wear adult-size diapers?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:40 pm

JonBailey wrote:
Dakotazeb wrote:
Then please tell me what the PURPOSE of this site is?

Let's leave my state of personal wealth and health of of it for now.

You don't know me personally and it's not fair to judge me.

Even if a person never bird-hunts in his life there is nothing wrong with studying up on it.
It is something that interests me in terms of knowledge.
Many people like to study the moon and the heavens though they will never be astronauts.

My posts have no merit. I did not think this site was a popularity contest.

And why are discussions about how a person DEALS with bodily functions in remote areas often encountered while hunting "stupid"?
Dealing with taking a poop is not part of your outdoor planning? Do outdoors men wear adult-size diapers?
Jon, I shouldn't have tp point this out to you but you at the one that has continually brought your health and wealth into the equation. If you are needing to know what to do when you have to go then I doubt if we can help you. If you really think you need to have every minute of every day planned out then I know we can't help you. If you are convince you are a special case bevcause you never had the hunting experience till you were an adult, then again I am not sure what we can do for you.

Your post have been entertaining, I have to admit, since I spend my time wondering what is next. But I think you have hit the very bottom when we have to plan our bathroom activities. By the way, I think a real person does moderate this site I am quite sure, and I hear they are going to lock this thread and hope you can get out in the field and do something.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:55 pm

JonBailey wrote:Please don't put thoughts inside the minds of moderators. It's like putting words in other people's mouths. Please let the moderators speak their own minds with their own tongues. Thank you, people.

I would welcome mods to even lock this thread but I don't even know if humans are overseeing this site.
Also Jon.... "Moderator, please discipline this poster for verbal abuse toward other members, including an American With Disabilities here. I think personal hygiene and sanitation in the field is a pertinent matter to address when one considers outdoor activities such as dogs, birds and guns. And my question and thread was intended to be serious, not monkey business."

JonBailey, you are taking this sh!t way to seriously (pun completely intended). If you don't like the what someone says on the internet, just ignore them. It's that simple.

As for crapping in the woods... I've been unprepared so I found a sugar maple with big leaves still attached and used that. But I usually carry TP.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.