A proud dad

airmedic1

A proud dad

Post by airmedic1 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:15 pm

I have two shorthairs, Jane is 17 months old and Abby, her full sister is 5 months old. We've been hunting them together here in Nebraska for pheasant and quail since we got ABBY at 12 weeks old..
For the most part Abby went along for some exercise and company until last weekend.
We were hunting a switch grass CRP field and couldn't really see any of the dogs when a rooster flushed at about 20 yards. When we shot it and it fell, Abby was right there on the bird after it hit the ground. It was like a light turned on for her. I walked around some trees a few minutes later and here was Abby on point with Jane and Willy the English Pointer backing her. She then rooted around in the deep grass until she flushed another rooster.
Yesterday in another CRP field she pointed, by herself, and I flushed and shot a rooster.
I'm such a proud dad! I'm really having high hopes and expectations for next year when Jane is older and Abby is one.
Hunting just doesn't get any better than this!! To see her pointing with her brow wrinked, stiff as a board and then have a bird flush was just great!! :D :D :D
Of all the places I've been, this is one of them!

Vizsla Vince

Post by Vizsla Vince » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:00 pm

Its awesome when it all comes together, ain't it!

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:43 am

I love it when it all starts to come together. those are some exciting times. Congrats.

sandhill

Post by sandhill » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:58 am

Air
Thats a day you never forget.
Have fun and enjoy it only gets better.

sharptailhunter

Post by sharptailhunter » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:14 pm

Hey Air,

I recently returned from spending a few years out in Lincoln for school. I loved that place. There are some good spots to run dogs and there is a great GSP club, called GSPC of Lincoln. Hook up with them and you'll have lots of fun, they're really nice guys. PM me if ya need some contact info.

Go Big Red!