Gsp hunting

Max18

Gsp hunting

Post by Max18 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Hello everyone I’m new here and to the sport I have a gsp that has just completed the Ronnie smith program and live in Alabama looking for people that upland hunt to hook up with to hunt with and learn the sport

greg jacobs

Re: Gsp hunting

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:26 pm

Welcome. Sounds like you have a great start.
Washington would be a bit of a drive though.

Greg J

Max18

Post by Max18 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Yes that would be lol I’m just trying to start networking to find groups of people that like to hunt but as we get into this and get better I plan to travel further out I’m just not into the high priced guided trips with raised birds but thanks for reaching out maybe one day we can be up that way hunting and playing

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:28 pm

Sounds good.

JONOV

Post by JONOV » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:07 am

Max18 wrote:Hello everyone I’m new here and to the sport I have a gsp that has just completed the Ronnie smith program and live in Alabama looking for people that upland hunt to hook up with to hunt with and learn the sport
Good Luck!

I think that wild bird hunting in AL (and I could be wrong) is about like NC...Few quail left, with woodcock available if you know where to look.

I'll tell you to be very persistent in looking for birds. Don't get discouraged if you have to go out six, seven, eight times before you get the knack. People think its like fishing for Bream. Its not, at least not at first. Its more like hunting for a trophy buck, at first.

And budget for a trip to Kansas, NE, Dakotas, for wild birds. No need for a guide, hunt public...

Good Luck, its worth it in the end.

Flashorthair

Post by Flashorthair » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:14 pm

Where are you located in Alabama? I live in NW Florida and am only minutes away from South Alabama. I have shorthairs as well and have a few places to go ...

Max18

Post by Max18 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Yea pretty much right on that plenty of guided trips here but I can do the same thing they do on farm land but I’m not against traveling and meeting new people and learning the sport Now that I’ve got gsp