reloading equipment

Mike Clutter

reloading equipment

Post by Mike Clutter » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:18 am

I was looking through the local shopper and saw an ad for reloading equip. make an offer. Called the gentleman turns out he's an outdoor writer that a few years back was asked to do a can the average joe make a better round than he can buy with minimal investment. anyhow I got the whole deal for $500 I think I did ok. here are some pics of all that was there.

Mike Clutter

Re: reloading equipment

Post by Mike Clutter » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:24 am

the one thing i'm not sure that I need is all the .30 cal bullets and dies I've got 250 rounds of nosler partition bullets from 150 to 180 gr.

littleking

Post by littleking » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:18 pm

holy crap you did good!

Benny

Post by Benny » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:55 pm

Agreed, that's quite the set-up. You can easily sell the nosler bullets on this forum I believe. Make it easy on yourself and post them in a local classified ad/nickel ad so you don't get muddled with other state ammo shipping regulations.
So is you're last name a caveat to your new reloading interest or is it really Clutter :D
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot

Mike Clutter

Post by Mike Clutter » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:54 pm

That is really my name. :lol: I thought I did ok just on the big items, but after going through everything on the phone with a friend of mine, I found out that I DID REALLY GOOD! (well)
It was funny, my buddy kept saying, after you do this for a while you'll want one of these or one of those, and all but one item he mentioned was in there. So needless to say I am happy with my decision. As for selling the bullets, my buddy has a commercial bullet casting business and has all the proper endorsements to ship them. I think that it is silly the amount of hoops he has to jump through to ship bullets. They aren't finished rounds and he still has a ton of crap he has to go through.
I can't wait for some decent weather so I can get my range finished.

Benny

Post by Benny » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:41 am

I've got no major experience with it yet, but I've played around with my friends setup and seen a few others. In comparison it looks like you're fully stocked! Now you have to make a sweet work bench :wink:
Send pics soon :D
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot

Mike Clutter

Post by Mike Clutter » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:44 pm

funny you should say that, I'm in the process of making a "lodge" in a back garage at our place. The old boy that used to own the place before us was quite the shooter and this room was his reloading room in the summer and he moved every thing in the basement for the winter. I don't like to move my stuff that much so I finished what he started and put a ceiling in and blew in the insulation a few weeks ago. It's coming along nicely. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Benny

Post by Benny » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:50 pm

Ah sweet, the "man room"! Don't forget a neon beer sign is absolutely necessary for completion.
Good luck Mike
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot

Mike Clutter

Post by Mike Clutter » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:35 pm

Had a blizzard today so......

Benny

Post by Benny » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:07 am

Looking like a darn respectable work space! And the dart board set-up is great! I'd say a flat screen television with a mini fridge and you're set for life :lol:
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot