Franchi 1-12 UPLAND HUNTER

chukarguy

Franchi 1-12 UPLAND HUNTER

Post by chukarguy » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:40 am

Just curious if anyone has owned or shot one of these. I own a franchi i-12 (not the upland hunter model) and have been very pleased with it's performance, feel, and value. Moving ahead I am looking to upgrade for next season to something a little bit lighter. At this point I am leaning towards the benelli ultralight, but I cant help but wonder about the 1-12 upland hunter. It comes with a 26" barrel weighing in at 6.3 pounds! While the benelli ultralight with the 26" barrel weighs 6.1 pounds. There is a 400 dollar price difference in the two guns. So I thought someone on this board must have the franchi. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. Ohhh yeah one more thing. Did franchi fix that problem with the bolt handle falling out of their 1-12's, or does anyone own one built with the stainless steel bolt assembly that has not had a problem with the bolt handle falling out.
You live by the river, you die by the river

rstbkt69

Re: Franchi 1-12 UPLAND HUNTER

Post by rstbkt69 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:32 am

If all you are worrying about is .2 lbs, leave 2 shotgun shells in your truck when you take the gun out. :D But I think you need to shoulder both of the guns before you make the call. Or at least the B-gun since you have the Franchi. This doesn't really help you out though does it.