Browning Gold 12/26

Russmill84

Browning Gold 12/26

Post by Russmill84 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Ok well i just bought a new Browning Gold Hunter 12/26. My question is when i receive it tonight i need to know what kind of lube to use to clean out the factory stuff, as it has been sitting in a store for over a year. I would appreciate it! Also anyone else have this gun? If so how do you like it?
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=1845 "Kickstand"
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=2439 "Dash"

" Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" JFK

Elroy's Bandit

Re: Browning Gold 12/26

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:57 pm

I own one. I am 100% Browning. It's OK, but in my opinion, not a "benchmark" piece. I was a little disappointed in the ejection system as it tends to "smoke stack" unless I am using the higher power/ mags. It's not a bad unit, just not a great one. If I was forced to give up one of my shotguns that would probably be the one. I have been very spoiled with my 12ga o/u superposed, and my 20ga. Citori IV Lightning both exceptional guns. Don't want you to get disappointed , you try it out and decide for yourself........On the overall scheme of market guns out there , you could have done a lot worse. JMO
Bill L.

SD Pheasant Slayer

Re: Browning Gold 12/26

Post by SD Pheasant Slayer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:03 am

I too have a gold and use it primarily as my goose gun (love that 3.5" shell). I like the gun for the most part. The only problem I have with it is shooting 3.5" federal shells - for whatever reason, they tend to jam on me. I have no problem shooting winchesters or other brands though, so it's not a real big deal. My Buddy has one as well and has had zero problems with his, so mine may just be a fluke. Enjoy the gun, it will do pretty much anything you need it to, and do it reliably.
Almost Heaven's Daddy's Paycheck - "Cash"

"In the end, our society will be defined not by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy."
- John Sawhill