Hunting Dog Training & More    

Popular Searches: Garmin Astro | Dog Collars | Tri-Tronics | SPORTdog

best waterfowl gun

Re: best waterfowl gun

Postby Timewise65 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:30 am

[quote="tekoa"]I've shot my Remington Wingmaster (now Called 870) 200 rounds or more every year since 1960 on Waterfowl, upland birds and clays. Still smooth, reliable and well balanced as when it was new. For the price it's got to be the best buy. Does not use 3 1/2 shells, but I've never needed more than 2 3/4". (Newer guns shoot 3") My son just bought a used 870 with Polychoke (Circa 1975) for $350.. Looks and shoots like new........Auction sites have lots of them.

Nice thing about a gun at that price is that you don't feel so bad when you drop it the mud, bang on the boat rail, get duck blood and dog poop on it (my Chessie love to pee on mine).[/quote]

Now that's funny....thanks for sharing 'tekoa'...! My 'Swamp Collies' better never pee on my gun....or I will lite them up like a Christmas Tree....
Timewise65

Re: best waterfowl gun

Postby tekoa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:03 pm

Timewise65,

In reality she only did this twice before I 're-explained' it to her. But she always comes up with new ways to test the limits. Last hunt of last season she took off to retrieve a Mallard and came back with the duck and another hunter's duck boat in tow. Took me an hour to find the guy and return his boat. Meanwhile Molly was off retrieving other hunter's ducks. Pretty much out of control.................
tekoa

Previous

Return to Guns and Ammo