CZ Sharp-Tail

Garrison

CZ Sharp-Tail

Post by Garrison » Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:35 pm

Anyone have one, or any experience with this model? I am looking at purchasing a 28” in 20ga for a field/quail gun.

Currently in the process of having a couple browning over unders freshened up by a gunsmith and thinking I would like to get another break open for the field. Something that I am not overly concerned about carrying in rough country.

Garrison
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

Chemist

Re: CZ Sharp-Tail

Post by Chemist » Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:12 pm

I have a 20 gauge sharp tail with 28" barrels. I bought it for the exact same reason as you at the end of last season. Overall I like it and have not had a problem with it. I probably have about 1,000 rounds through it between skeet and hunting.

There are times where quail are doing the popcorn flush that I would rather have ejectors instead of extractors, and the wood is plain but it is a good functioning, inexpensive side by side that I have been happy with.

I also have a Dehaan in 12 gauge which is essentially a sharptail. I probably have 7-8k rounds through it with no problems.

Garrison

Re: CZ Sharp-Tail

Post by Garrison » Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:04 pm

Chemist wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:12 pm
I have a 20 gauge sharp tail with 28" barrels. I bought it for the exact same reason as you at the end of last season. Overall I like it and have not had a problem with it. I probably have about 1,000 rounds through it between skeet and hunting.

There are times where quail are doing the popcorn flush that I would rather have ejectors instead of extractors, and the wood is plain but it is a good functioning, inexpensive side by side that I have been happy with.

I also have a Dehaan in 12 gauge which is essentially a sharptail. I probably have 7-8k rounds through it with no problems.
Good to hear, thanks for the feedback. It’s a pretty good drive to go put my hands on one. From what I gather, might be worth the trip.

Garrison
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-