shot gun scope mounts

dudley

shot gun scope mounts

Post by dudley » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:00 pm

for my birth day i got a remington 870 express combo i want to be able to mount a scope so that i can use the slug barrel but if i do that the bird barrel is useless is there any way i could mout a cope and still have full use of both barrels say directly to the slug barrel ?

dudley

Post by dudley » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:03 pm

wouldn't that mean i would have to re sight the gun each time i re mounted the scope?

snowman

Post by snowman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:03 pm

I just looked at a 12g/30-06 combo and it had a cool scope on it. You just fliped a trigger and is sliped to the side of the gun and when you wanted it back up you just click it in place. The guy told me he used it for bore hunting and said it kept its accuracy extreamly well. I am goin to see him this weekend and Ill see if he has any for sale if you want. Keep in mind though I would have to send it from England.

Casey J.

snowman

Post by snowman » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:46 pm

Dissregard my post Im an idiot:) its late and I didnt pay attention to compleatly what your looking for.

Casey J.

whitedogone

Post by whitedogone » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:31 am

Sell your slug barrel and buy a Cantilevered slug barrel. WDO

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 28g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 20g 28"
Browning BPS Synthetic 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS 12g 3" 22" cant. fully rifled

tanner

Post by tanner » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:27 pm

you could buy two 870's :lol:

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:55 pm

The only fully rifled slug barrel worth having on a shotgun is one with a cantilevered scope mount so the scope stays permanently affixed to the barrel.

Otherwise, every time you swap barrels, or remove and remount the scope, your zero will change.

That's why I built a dedicated slug gun that I like to call my "Jersey Rifle", but I don't use it at all anymore, really.

Here's some more details about how I went about putting it together: http://fishdogsguns.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... rifle.html

fishvik

Re: shot gun scope mounts

Post by fishvik » Tue May 10, 2022 12:30 am

Shotgun scope mounts for specific models of shotguns help reduce or even eliminate accuracy problems caused by mounting a scope on a shotgun. Offering varying adjustment ranges as well as various shapes and sizes, there is sure to be one that will work for you. The right mount will play a key role in how accurately you shoot. This is why, to help you choose the best scope for deer hunting, we are going to glance at some of the aspects that should be taken into account as well as the tips that I found useful during my search for the best shotgun scope mounts.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: shot gun scope mounts

Post by DonF » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:20 am

Thing's like that are brought about by marketing, two different barrels to make the gun do two different things. I would not have a gun like that even if I used a shotgun to deer. There are bird guns and there are slug guns. Don't try to make one into the other!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!