Can I loosen up my NEW CZ SxS?

GSPBearMan

Can I loosen up my NEW CZ SxS?

Post by GSPBearMan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:19 am

Just bought a new Bobwhite......my first S2. I like to fluff and buff my guns and make them work smoother and with less wear.

Question is this......can I loosen up the fit on this new gun? I have to put it over my knee and press down to break it open. Not REAL tight but would be nicer to open with less work. Can I do a little sanding and make things work better? What should I not sand? I hate to just let it wear in and make deep grooves in the pivot point.

Thanks in advance,

Barry

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:46 am

I wouldn't start sanding right away...

First, I'd just give it a good cleaning and put on a light coat of grease. Then I'd open up a beer and turn on the TV, and sit and open and close the thing for 30 minutes or so.

Until it has been shot some and open and opened and closed a few hundred times, I wouldn't do any filing.

I had this same problem with one of my double guns, and it loosened up just fine on its own within a few outings.

GSPBearMan

Post by GSPBearMan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:55 am

Okay.....thanks. I have been over it well already. Oiled and a tad of grease on the pivot area. Guess I will just give it a few boxes to loosen up and see how I like things.

romeo212000

Re: Can I loosen up my NEW CZ SxS?

Post by romeo212000 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:26 am

Shoot it and oil it. Had the same issue with my Yildiz but after a couple hunred rounds it was smooth as silk.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:11 pm

I just bought a new Yildiz O/U and it was so tight that when I pushed it with my left thumb(yes I am a left handed shooter) I had to bear down on it to the point that it hurt like heck. After about 10 minutes of repeated opening and closing it loosened up to the point where I can open it without tearing hide off my thumb but it is still really tight. Love the gun though

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:12 pm

Clean it thoroughly, then shoot it.

It should loosen up after you get around 1200 rounds through it. That what I was told when i bought my new O/U last fall.

It was true, and it did.

smittysmith777

Post by smittysmith777 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:59 am

I use vaulve grinding compond works good on new guns wash off with brake cleaner