New Yildiz SxS's

Rodger

New Yildiz SxS's

Post by Rodger » Mon May 19, 2008 1:20 pm

If any of you guys have and Academy Sports in your area you might want to check these out. I was first introduced to the Turk guns when I bought a DeHann (Huglu) U2 a few years back in 20ga O/U w/extractors. Paid about $700 for it and it has been an exceptional field gun. It has matte barrels and nice Turkish walnut with oil finish. I believe the CZ that many like so much is essentially a Huglu.

Last year I purchased two Yildiz’s a 12 and 20 O/U both with ejectors and each for $389. IMO these are much nicer guns than the U2 I have. They have aluminum receivers and are very light, which is what I like in a carry gun. They pattern nicely and hit where I aim. I think these are the best value going and found out this weekend they‘ve just come out with a SxS in 12, 20 & 410. Saw the 20 and .410 on Sat and for only $486, I think I have to have one in .410. The turks have started using CAD technology to develop their guns and the metal to wood fit and finish is not what you’d expect for a sub $500 gun. Any one else use these?

Here a pic of the .410 I found.

Rodger

romeo212000

Re: New Yildiz SxS's

Post by romeo212000 » Mon May 19, 2008 1:29 pm

I can attest to the quality of their O/U's. I am sure their SxS's are just as high of quality. I thought about pickign one up but when I held it I realized I did not really care for the fore-stock. I like the ones that wrap around the barrels.

gwgdog66

Post by gwgdog66 » Sat May 24, 2008 10:53 pm

I have a 12 and a 20 SPZ ME O/U. Both are good guns. I just purchased a 20 ga SxS A5 Elegant. I really like that gun. It Swings well, hits where I point. If you are doing a bunch of shooting you might need a glove. The forearm is a bit narrow for some people.

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Sun May 25, 2008 1:13 pm

Thats what I mean I thought maybe I was holding it wrong but I just cant see myself getting used to that.

gwgdog66

Post by gwgdog66 » Mon May 26, 2008 7:08 am

I usually have gloves on anyway when out in the field hunting. It is a nice light SxS, and I hit better with it then my O/U.

Cowboy

Post by Cowboy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:42 pm

I have seen alot of clients using the Yildiz and thought it was just a cheap gun, but i shot one of my clients and it shot pretty dand nice.
I would love to have the sxs in a .410. for the money you cant beat them, they are no Pirazzi but they are a great meat gun.

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:53 pm

Cowboy wrote:I have seen alot of clients using the Yildiz and thought it was just a cheap gun, but i shot one of my clients and it shot pretty dand nice.
ROTFLMAO

Sorry, I know exactly what you meant, but I have a very twisted sense of humor. I about fell out of my chair when I read this. :lol:

MillerClemsonHD

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:45 am

Rodger wrote:If any of you guys have and Academy Sports in your area you might want to check these out. I was first introduced to the Turk guns when I bought a DeHann (Huglu) U2 a few years back in 20ga O/U w/extractors. Paid about $700 for it and it has been an exceptional field gun. It has matte barrels and nice Turkish walnut with oil finish. I believe the CZ that many like so much is essentially a Huglu.

Last year I purchased two Yildiz’s a 12 and 20 O/U both with ejectors and each for $389. IMO these are much nicer guns than the U2 I have. They have aluminum receivers and are very light, which is what I like in a carry gun. They pattern nicely and hit where I aim. I think these are the best value going and found out this weekend they‘ve just come out with a SxS in 12, 20 & 410. Saw the 20 and .410 on Sat and for only $486, I think I have to have one in .410. The turks have started using CAD technology to develop their guns and the metal to wood fit and finish is not what you’d expect for a sub $500 gun. Any one else use these?

Rodger

What about the availability of parts/service on these guns? That is always a concern, but other than that they look good and have gotten my attention.

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:38 am

They are service by Briley down in texas. Easy to get fixed just send it to them, or they can send a part to your gunsmith.

MillerClemsonHD

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:53 am

romeo212000 wrote:They are service by Briley down in texas. Easy to get fixed just send it to them, or they can send a part to your gunsmith.
Thanks. That makes them even more appealing.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:38 am

Has anyone had trouble with them doubling?

Greg J.

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:36 am

Not one problem with my O/U

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:33 am

Thanks Rodger. I do some home gunsmithing for myself and occasionally for friends and relatives. I bought an old Remington Model 11 and completely sanded and refinished the metal with Aluma Hyde from Brownells and bought a new forearm and sanded, refitted and refinished the stock and forearm as well and completely tore down the gun to check for any mechanical defects. I sold it to my uncle last weekend and was looking to actually buy another project gun until I read your post last night and drove 110 miles down to Amarillo on the spur of the moment today to purchase one of these guns with the money I earned from selling my project gun. Thanks for the advice and the guys working at Academy had all either bought one themselves or were planning on buying one in the near future although these were a little tricky to attach the barrels to the receiver until you figure out just how to do it. I am looking forward to shooting it and thank everyone else for the posts about it as well. I bought the 12 gauge over and under by the way. Already have an inexpensive side by side 20 made for lefty shooters like me and I shoot it better than most any gun I have ever owned high dollar or cheap

gwgdog66

Post by gwgdog66 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:Has anyone had trouble with them doubling?

Greg J.
Never has happened to my two O/U's or my SxS.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:02 pm

I went out and shot the Yildiz O/U I bought a week ago and it shot fantastic. I like a gun that shoots a little high so that I can see the bead of the gun and the target whether it be a bird or clay pigeon. With so many other guns you have to cover up your target to be on with it. I only have one problem now. I bought the 12 gauge and now I want a 20 gauge to go with it. I even had a hunting partner of mine ,who for the longest time thought he could not shoot an O/U and was about to sell his Weatherby, busting targets like a pro with my Yildiz. Thanks again for the heads up on a great gun Rodger. Just another question for the forum. Do the side by sides shoot and balance just as well as the O/U's?

gwgdog66

Post by gwgdog66 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:01 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:I went out and shot the Yildiz O/U I bought a week ago and it shot fantastic. I like a gun that shoots a little high so that I can see the bead of the gun and the target whether it be a bird or clay pigeon. With so many other guns you have to cover up your target to be on with it. I only have one problem now. I bought the 12 gauge and now I want a 20 gauge to go with it. I even had a hunting partner of mine ,who for the longest time thought he could not shoot an O/U and was about to sell his Weatherby, busting targets like a pro with my Yildiz. Thanks again for the heads up on a great gun Rodger. Just another question for the forum. Do the side by sides shoot and balance just as well as the O/U's?
I know the feeling. I have a 12 a 20 and a SxS 20. Yes I think the SxS swings and shoots even better than My O/U's.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:03 am

Sounds like my wife is about to get a little upset with me when I go buy a 20 SxS now. :D Thanks for the reply.

Tom

gwgdog66

Post by gwgdog66 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:03 pm

I just seen the Academy sale flyer, they have the 12 ga SxS now.