Citori ejectors question

Addict

Citori ejectors question

Post by Addict » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:05 pm

I recently purchased a Clitoris O/U 525 12 ga Feather weight. I have read some things that make me concerned about the reliability of ejectors. They say that it is the most common thing to fail on Citori's. I have been researching information on how to convert ejectors to extractors. Is this something that I should consider doing so that the ejectors don't eventually break on me?

Thanks,

Addict

nj gsp

Re: Citori ejectors question

Post by nj gsp » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:54 pm

Addict wrote:I recently purchased a Clitoris O/U 525 12 ga Feather weight. I have read some things that make me concerned about the reliability of ejectors. They say that it is the most common thing to fail on Citori's. I have been researching information on how to convert ejectors to extractors. Is this something that I should consider doing so that the ejectors don't eventually break on me?

Thanks,

Addict
I had heard the same thing when shopping for by Browning last year, and if I remember correctly, it was an issue that seemed to be more or less exclusive to the 525 feather. I might be wrong, but that's how remember it. Take a look over at www.16ga.com, I think that's where I read about the ejector to extractor conversion.

I have a 525 Field in 16 gauge, and the ejectors positively eject every time, but not with authority. I stop them with my thumb and pocket the empties. My Tikka 512 S 12 gauge squirts a shell out with enough force you could use the empties as a third and fourth shot... OK I'm exaggerating a little, but no kidding that sucker will chuck those empties about six to eight feet. Those are the ejectors I reckon would break, not the soft ones on the Browning.

Razor

Post by Razor » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:32 pm

They will not break. I have put thousands of rounds through my two Citori's shooting clays. I have never once not had a shell eject.

jbogacki76

Post by jbogacki76 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:51 pm

I havent had any issues with my browning. I have shot around 20 cases so far and it works great. I wouldnt be concerned with it breaking at all browning makes some quality stuff that last.

Addict

Post by Addict » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:10 pm

Thanks everyone!

I appreciate the link to the other forum and hearing about your experiences with the Citori's.

Addict

The Zephyr

Post by The Zephyr » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:40 am

The only issue I have had with the ejectors on my Browning Lightning Feather 20 gauge is when I've tried to run 3" shells. Some of the manufacturers have a mushroomed crimp which not only makes them difficult to load in the breech but also just as difficult to eject. Otherwise both my 12 & 20 Brownings are very reliable.

John L.
FC AFC Fieldmaster's Montauk Zephyr
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=324

Fieldmaster's Oregon Road Phosphorus
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2833