Stoeger Condor

eastwash

Stoeger Condor

Post by eastwash » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Anyone use one of these, if so what do you think.
Two Faced Jake

bert2804

Re: Stoeger Condor

Post by bert2804 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:24 pm

I bought one for my son, and between him and I, we have shot about 5,000 rounds through it. Not bad for the money. The only evidence of the heavy shooting is that the stock chipped at the receiver (about 1/4" of wood), otherwise, we got our moneys' worth out of it. I suggest that maybe you spend a little more, and get the Benelli over and under, which is normally on sale at "bleep" sporting goods for $799.

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:07 pm

my first over/under and i like it AS A STARTER. i shoot it better than any gun i have owned and as good as any i have shot.

things i don't like: 1) i have a 20ga and it feels like carrying a log through the woods/field, it is a very heavy gun 2) MY breach opens far enough for the bottom shell to come out but often hits the receiver

things i do like: 1) it is easy on the wallet 2) durable and basic - i don't have to worry too much about nicking it or scratching the shiney finish 3) easily doubles as a walking stick while unloaded in rough terrain

i haven't shot 5000 rounds through mine, maybe 2000 with 0 problems. at the time i had no more money to spend and i wanted an o/u for the upcoming season, if you do have the extra $ i would look for something a little better than the condor, not because the condor is bad but because you can get more for your $. there are a lot of nice guns in the $700-$900 range or you could try to snap up a nice used o/u.

56-26

Post by 56-26 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:17 pm

I have also been looking for a cheap over and under. I have been reading a lot on the net abour the stoeger or the rem spartan spr310. I have found the condor as cheap as $299 and then they have a $50 rebate on them. The remington and buds guns for $319 shipped and they have a $40 rebate. Alot of people say that the stoegers are heavy but the website say they are 7.5 lbs whicj seems to be inline wuth most other o/u. Still dont know which way I want to go yet, but for the money the remington seem like a few more option for the money.

eastwash

Post by eastwash » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:28 pm

At this moment I am leaning toward the CZ Mallard at 6.5 lbs but it will run around 500.
Two Faced Jake

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:47 pm

Hmmmmmmm,Yakima AND sporting a setter,know Arlington?I've got a CZ woodcock I've been pounding the shells through for a couple months now at the range and hunting,pretty nice little gun,very reliable and I have no complaints so far.
eastwash wrote:At this moment I am leaning toward the CZ Mallard at 6.5 lbs but it will run around 500.

gotblika

Post by gotblika » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:42 pm

bert2804 wrote:I bought one for my son, and between him and I, we have shot about 5,000 rounds through it. Not bad for the money. The only evidence of the heavy shooting is that the stock chipped at the receiver (about 1/4" of wood), otherwise, we got our moneys' worth out of it. I suggest that maybe you spend a little more, and get the Benelli over and under, which is normally on sale at "bleep" sporting goods for $799.

It's the same shotgun, Why would you pay more just for the name?

eastwash

Post by eastwash » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:51 pm

Wildweeds wrote:Hmmmmmmm,Yakima AND sporting a setter,know Arlington?
know of him, but do not know him. His kennels and stables are about 30 mi south of yakima.
Two Faced Jake