Winchester 1400 12 guage Semi Auto.

BirdDogDesire

Winchester 1400 12 guage Semi Auto.

Post by BirdDogDesire » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:51 pm

I love my Winchester 1400 12 Semi Auto. This gun is awesome. I can swing it with ease, it has tremendous knockdown power and its very comfortable to me. Not real heavy either. Anyone own this same gun and what do you think??

romeo212000

Re: Winchester 1400 12 guage Semi Auto.

Post by romeo212000 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Not sure what you mean by knockdown power, as the load is what dictates the knocking down rather than the gun, but yes I own one and shoot it very well. Unfortunately it has broken on me yet again and I cannot justify spending the money to fix it again, so I will be buying a Beretta 390.

BirdDogDesire

Post by BirdDogDesire » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:06 pm

romeo212000 wrote:Not sure what you mean by knockdown power, as the load is what dictates the knocking down rather than the gun, but yes I own one and shoot it very well. Unfortunately it has broken on me yet again and I cannot justify spending the money to fix it again, so I will be buying a Beretta 390.

The reason I say knockdown power is that every pheasant I shot with this gun the bird hasn't flopped once after the shot. I used different guns, but the same load and it just seems all the other guns I use don't match up this gun. Maybe its a better shooting gun and I knockdown more birds with this gun.

Benny

Post by Benny » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:36 pm

BirdDogDesire wrote: Maybe its a better shooting gun and I knockdown more birds with this gun.
Yup.
I just shoot with the poor man's 1200 pump, but I love that thing so much. Loosing blue under the barrel, scratches all over the stock, rust probably finding its way into places I don't even know about...still beautiful.
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:38 pm

BirdDogDesire wrote:
romeo212000 wrote:Not sure what you mean by knockdown power, as the load is what dictates the knocking down rather than the gun, but yes I own one and shoot it very well. Unfortunately it has broken on me yet again and I cannot justify spending the money to fix it again, so I will be buying a Beretta 390.

The reason I say knockdown power is that every pheasant I shot with this gun the bird hasn't flopped once after the shot. I used different guns, but the same load and it just seems all the other guns I use don't match up this gun. Maybe its a better shooting gun and I knockdown more birds with this gun.
My guess is that is probably because it is a gun that fits you very very well. That is what I have noticed is the difference between whether I hit a target of pummel it.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Most of the birds that I shoot with my gun just keep right on flying. I had one that I really liked but traded it for some other gun and don't know what or why but it was always my favorite except it was a 12 gauge and I would much sooner carry a 20.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:04 am

BirdDogDesire wrote:The reason I say knockdown power is that every pheasant I shot with this gun the bird hasn't flopped once after the shot. I used different guns, but the same load and it just seems all the other guns I use don't match up this gun. Maybe its a better shooting gun and I knockdown more birds with this gun.
You must shoot it better. Fit or whatever. A given load is the same in every gun with the same choke.

Wayne Mayes set a lot of records in skeet with his 1400 "Blondie". He shot it well, but it was the ugliest thing on the planet. I swear the forearm was held together with staple nails.