Franchi 720

prairiefirepointers

Franchi 720

Post by prairiefirepointers » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:04 pm

I bought my wife a Franchi 720 today. (she don't know that)
I am a diehard Benelli man, and was wanting to put her into a "bottom end" Benelli, which is the Montrefelto but retails for about $1200. I can't fathem spending that much for a gun that might shoot 400 rounds a year.
I found at the same place a used, yet pristine 720 with all the goodies for $500. I was wanting to know if anyone has had any experience with these guns. She MIGHT hunt a little with it, more or less it will only be used to shoot clays. I like it, the only hangup I have is that it's a dang gas operated gun. Should be fine for her though. :D

Anyone ever shot or owned one?
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

donnie_19

Re: Franchi 720

Post by donnie_19 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:21 am

My father in law olwns one. I shot a few times. Nice and light, points quick, kicks because its so light.
Don

nj gsp

Re: Franchi 720

Post by nj gsp » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:10 pm

I bought my wife a 720 youth model a couple of years ago. It's a nice, light gun, and has very little recoil for it's weight. My wife loves it. Don't let the fact that it is a gas operated auto bother you.

However, I am more than a little disappointed with Benelli. I ordered a replacement stock for the 720 last August (I had cut down the stock for my wife, then she went and lost over 100 pounds - so then it was too short). I finally cancelled my order over six months later - the official word was they were still back ordered, with no estimate of availability - even after six months of waiting.

And the most disturbing thing is that this for a model in current production. So I'm going to make a stock myself, but I'm hoping it never needs a part. You can't even get anyone at Benelli on the phone - only recordings. I won't give any more of my business to a company that cares so little about its customers. Just my opinion.