GDF Junkie

bought a browning Citori

Post by mcbosco » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:13 am

I was all hopped up on a semi auto, but just loved how the Citori felt

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Re: bought a browning Citori

Post by BigShooter » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:43 pm

Good for you, you made a decision! It's pretty hard not to get excited about adding a new-to-you shotgun to one's locked gun cabinet. I have a 12 ga. Citori and it's a nice, reliable & durable shotgun. Personally, I prefer my light 20 ga. semi-autos for most of my upland hunting.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:01 pm

lol, i have that Berreta 391 still in the back of my mind

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:51 pm

mcbosco wrote:lol, i have that Berreta 391 still in the back of my mind
The Berettas are my personal favorites because they fit me well. The 391 in 20 ga. is my #1 go-to gun.

It's incredibly easy to fall victim to the desire for another shotgun, but then we're all reminded of the old guy (say over 65 years old) that goes out in his 35+ year old boat or takes out his 40+ year old "Monkey Wards" Westernfield pump and out-fishes and out-hunts anybody else around! :wink:
Mark

Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:31 pm

as dreams of Perazzi dance through my head :roll:

i am taking a long lunch tomorrow and will swing by the Berretta shop in NYC tomorrow

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:59 pm

BigShooter wrote:
mcbosco wrote:lol, i have that Berreta 391 still in the back of my mind
The Berettas are my personal favorites because they fit me well. The 391 in 20 ga. is my #1 go-to gun.

It's incredibly easy to fall victim to the desire for another shotgun, but then we're all reminded of the old guy (say over 65 years old) that goes out in his 35+ year old boat or takes out his 40+ year old "Monkey Wards" Westernfield pump and out-fishes and out-hunts anybody else around! :wink:

I have one of those but use my Sears Ted Williams 20 guage w/ adjustable choke a lot more. And they shoot just as good as the day I got them.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:59 am

do you know who made that gun for Sears? I once stayed in a hunting cabin in Maine that was ordered from the Sears catalog....

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:13 am

Stevens made many of there earlier guns but the Ted Williams line was made by Winchester. They sold homes through their catalog many years ago. They had two or three designs that they sold.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:30 am

sears used to be the go to place for everything, now i guess its walmart and target

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:18 am

Lots of us older guys remember fondly pouring over the Sears, Montgomery Wards & J.C. Pennys catalogues drooling over items. Some of us remember saving up our money until we could get that first gun we coveted. Of course a few of us remember reviewing older, thinner versions of those catalogues in the old outhouse at the cabin or on the farm. Later we were really in hog heaven when we got a hold of a Herters catalogue with page after page stuffed full of "World Famous" items. After a brief hiatus, catalogue type sales are back bigger than ever, now we call them "internet sales". Apologies for the brief regression. :)
Mark

Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:36 am

BigShooter wrote:Lots of us older guys remember fondly pouring over the Sears, Montgomery Wards & J.C. Pennys catalogues drooling over items. Some of us remember saving up our money until we could get that first gun we coveted. Of course a few of us remember reviewing older, thinner versions of those catalogues in the old outhouse at the cabin or on the farm. Later we were really in hog heaven when we got a hold of a Herters catalogue with page after page stuffed full of "World Famous" items. After a brief hiatus, catalogue type sales are back bigger than ever, now we call them "internet sales". Apologies for the brief regression. :)

Memories, memories, most are good with a few bad sprinkled in. Hated the colored pages in the outhouse though. Makes me sad when I see what is happening in our world today where kids will never know what freedom was all about. Seems much of it started when we decided that 2 parents were one more than was needed and we took God out of the schools and our everyday environment.

Ezzy

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:37 am

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:05 am

Thanks for the link but I think I'll just hang on to the free one I got. Good luck with getting a Perazzi some day. If you really want to shoot well spend some money on the best gun fitter you can find and customize the Citori for a personalized best fit.
Mark

Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

KALEBSDAD

Post by KALEBSDAD » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:29 am

BigShooter wrote:Lots of us older guys remember fondly pouring over the Sears, Montgomery Wards & J.C. Pennys catalogues drooling over items. Some of us remember saving up our money until we could get that first gun we coveted. Of course a few of us remember reviewing older, thinner versions of those catalogues in the old outhouse at the cabin or on the farm. Later we were really in hog heaven when we got a hold of a Herters catalogue with page after page stuffed full of "World Famous" items. After a brief hiatus, catalogue type sales are back bigger than ever, now we call them "internet sales". Apologies for the brief regression. :)
WOW, that does bring back memories, My younger sister and I wold pour over the J.C. Penny's Christmas catalogue for what seemed like months,

The Citori is a great gun, will last you a lifetime.......

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:57 pm

mcbosco wrote:I was all hopped up on a semi auto, but just loved how the Citori felt
I had two at one point in time. First was the Citori 12G Sporting Clay, then later on I picked up a Citori Field 28G which is nice for both targets and small game. I know longer have the Sporting Clay, traded that in on a Silver Pigeon.
A good bird dog is always the right color