Benelli Vinci

muddycreek

Benelli Vinci

Post by muddycreek » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:36 am

Over lunch yesterday walked down to Gander Mountain to browse, drool, and dream. While there I handled the new Vinci. What an ugly gun, but boy it sure handled nice and came up great in the store!

Anyone on here shot one? The salesman absolutely loved it, I know him personally and he does know his guns. Just lookin for opinions.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Re: Benelli Vinci

Post by mcbosco » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:10 am

i haven't but it looks like a cool gun

http://www.chuckhawks.com/benelli_vinci.htm

TEX-X

Post by TEX-X » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:13 pm

i don't care what the website says...i have a super nova and a super black eagle....they are by far my favorite... benelli is a great company and i simply love there shotguns....I WANT A VINCI

live4point

Post by live4point » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:43 am

I have too much respect for the birds to kill them with a gun that ugly :lol:

brdhntr

Post by brdhntr » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:55 am

live4point wrote:I have too much respect for the birds to kill them with a gun that ugly :lol:
The pinnacle of ugly is the A5. This gun is not that bad.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:11 am

it is a little odd looking but the engineering is pretty interesting and should have great resale

TEX-X

Post by TEX-X » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:17 am

i handled on last weekend... and it just feels right in your hands...it's very comfortable to hold...

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:21 am

did you break the gun down at the store? Its really just 3 integrated components, right?

TEX-X

Post by TEX-X » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:59 am

i've seen pics of it broke down...but i haven't broken it down myself...i'll have to see if i can do that this weekend....i do know that my super nova and SBE 2 are very easy to break down...

cupofjoe04

Post by cupofjoe04 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Several years ago my father and I bought supernovas, and we fell in love with benelli. I went down to the ranch with him last weekend to fill up feeders, and of course we brought our shotguns to bust some skeet in preparation for dove season. My dad pulls this odd looking greyish case out of his toolbox, with a smirk on his face, and I know something is up. Of course, he got a Vinci.

The Vinci breaks into three main components, and the case has fitted slots for all of them and keeps the gun very safe. Easy and quickly assembled, and somehow benelli has improved upon its awesome grips. The gun is light weight, easy to hold, shoulders well, and easy to get on target. The trigger has a firm feel, with a definitive breaking point. I was worried about the recoil at first, due to the weight. While there was a noticeable increase in barrel movement as compared to my heavy supernova, there was SIGNIFICANTLY less recoil. I don't know how they did it, but that gun simply does kill your shoulder. While the barrel does move alot, due to the dissipation of energy and lightweight of the gun it is very easy to reacquire the second target. The smoothest shooting gun I have ever fired, by far. The in-line action was smooth and seemed to cycle dove shells effortlessly.

On the design, it does look very different from the normal benelli. Most benellis have rounded flowing corners, with everything tapering smoothly from the muzzle to stock. I think because of the modular design, this one seemed fragmented in appearance. It has sharp angles and hard lines all around the gun, except the trigger guard, which is a giant oval. The trigger housing was larger than a normal shotgun, but I think that is due to the advanced trigger system they put in there. Even with all the changes, it was almost beautiful it its own way. This would be an excellent gun for anyone who wing shoots. Easy to carry in the field all day, shoulders smoothly and lines up very nicely, quick target acquisition, low recoil, and smooth action. Probably wouldn't use this specifically for a turkey gun; though if your looking for a single shotgun that can do it all, this would be an excellent choice.

To sum up my experience with the Vinci, my dad didn't have to oil it after we shot, cause I saturated the gun with my drool and envy. Nuf said

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:58 am

Its pretty amazing that one Italian family has managed to assemble all those brands under the "Berretta" umbrella, let alone the other northen italian families that run the big consortium. Not only sporting guns but pistols as well.

great business case study

TEX-X

Post by TEX-X » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:30 am

how do you think it would be compared to a super black eagle 2

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:23 am

i dont have a black eagle but i have shot one a few times...its a quality piece but very much a tool of a gun i think, reliable, solid, great resale but not that refined, its a genuine hunting gun, have you ever met anyone that didn't love his SBE?

muddycreek

Post by muddycreek » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:49 pm

i handled on last weekend... and it just feels right in your hands...it's very comfortable to hold...
Exactly what I thought, but still tryin to get used to the looks. I will say it's growing on me, but so are the Fausti sisters :lol:

TEX-X

Post by TEX-X » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:14 am

:lol: fausti sisters.

i honestly cannot ever remember anyone who said they didn't like their SBE

luke0927

Post by luke0927 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:30 am

I have a SBE II and want to shoot one just to compare I'm not looking to get one now but i would like to see if i could tell much difference

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:22 am

what is the talk like on the Browning Maxxus?

TEX-X

Post by TEX-X » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:13 am

I've heard lots of chatter on that Winchester SX3.....but not of the browning. What have you heard?

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:57 am

as you can imagine the Maxus is the Vinci killer, lol

TEX-X

Post by TEX-X » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:19 am

of course...and that is said without them ever shooting a vinci

mcbosco
GDF Junkie