Rust Prevention

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Rust Prevention

Post by Greg Jennings » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:33 pm

If you want the best in rust prevention short of cosmoline, try this: http://www.eezox.com/gun-care.html .

I have no financial interest in this. Just wanting to pass along my research to my dog buds.

Greg J.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re: Rust Prevention

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:30 am

I found out about the Eezox via a review on another site: http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html . Being a born skeptic, I tried it myself anyway. I can honestly say that it's the cat's pajamas for rust prevention. Before this, I was a RemOil man. Sad to say, but RemOil doesn't hold a candle to Eezox.
Greg J.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:15 am

Well since it's you Greg, I'll give her a try. Curious what application you got, was it the spray bottle, or drip bottle, aerosol?
How long have you been using it, this fall season?

Thanks for the info,
Chip

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:36 am

Chip,

I'm using the aerosol. I've been using it since the late summer. Read the review on 6mmbr.com . Look at the long-term corosion test at the end. I was convinced enough to try it over my long-favorite RemOil. I'm very happy with it.

Greg J.

Nebraska

Post by Nebraska » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:19 am

Agreed!! I've been using Eezox for 20+ years and love the stuff. It's not easy to find locally but it is available through Midway......

Eezox is the best I've ever used for rust prevention on my blued guns and is also amazing for keeping semi-autos (shotguns/pistols/ARs) running smooth in all temps without gumming up......