Stoeger M2000

BillGraves

Stoeger M2000

Post by BillGraves » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:08 am

Does anyone here have this gun? A friend of mine has one in full camo that he is looking to sell and I am interested but want to make a good choice. If you were looking to sell a used one, how much would you ask. It is in very good condition, has 5 chokes with it. It feels and looks like a nice semi-auto. Any thoughts?

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Stoeger M2000

Post by ACooper » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:01 am

Probably in the $300 neighborhood. Some have problems cycling shells and not only light loads, when made there was an issue with the barrel fitting into the receiver correctly causing the problems. You can send it to Stoeger and they will fix it good as new, kind of a pain though. When they work correctly they are a nice gun for the money.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:31 pm

ive got a buddy who won one at a banquet. I love when he takes it hunting, more shots for me :D. Mostly joking, he does have some trouble with his when he is shooting his reloads for some reason even though they shoot fine through his SBE2 and my SX3. if you could get it for$300 or less id say give it a shot.
jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

jbogacki76

Post by jbogacki76 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:32 am

The generation one guns seemed to stick in colder weather and when they heated up from shooting. They seemed to fix it with the generation II guns. You can tell the difference between gen I and II by the front bead on the barrel ( gen 1 has just a bead at the tip, and gen II comes with a High Viz sight on it). I have a Generation I for turkey hunting and haven't had any issues pushing heavy loads through it. I alos have a slug barrel for it and havent had any issues.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:04 pm

I personally would not give more than $200 for a used one simply because you could buy a brand new black one for just over $300. The Stoger 2000 is a distant cousin of the Benelli SBE without the cryo freeze barrel among other things. This advice is comming from a guy that has never owned one or shot one but has researched them and checked them out at the gun store. If he wants more because it's camo you can tell him that there is exactly ZERO need for a camo gun and it's his fault for spending the extra money for camo (I do have a camo gun becaues they do look COOL 8) ). :D

Ron
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

lawoodcocker

Post by lawoodcocker » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:05 pm

I bought one for my daughter this past August. We have duck hunted this past season with it and it performed flawlessly. I also think that its one of the easiest guns that I have ever taken down to clean. I give it thumbs up for the price.

MillerClemsonHD

Post by MillerClemsonHD » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:52 pm

I have one of these and have had no problems with it. Have shot 7.5s through it with no problems, and no problems with it shooting 1s and BBs through it at Geese. Feels great, inertia bolt is great for the big loads. For the money I have absolutely zero complaints.

lumpy2181

Post by lumpy2181 » Sun May 09, 2010 9:57 am

I got one for a christmas present last year and used it on a quail hunt 3 days later. I broke it in according to the books and it shot every round on the quail hunt w/o a problem. I was using 2 3/4" 1oz 7.5s and like 1300fps and no problems feeding or firing. I then abused it for the last part of the California duck season and it shot all but 1 round (bad primer). I cleaned the packing oil off and after duck season was over and that was it. I agree with Ron that the camo is not necessary (mines camo too though 8)) so see what you can deal on it. As with anything though, make sure you ask all the questions you can think of and ask him to let you test fire it first. Bring a mixture of rounds (light dove to heavy goose loads) and see how it handles them. If you like it, go for it. I am happy with mine.

Will

BillGraves

Post by BillGraves » Fri May 14, 2010 7:09 am

I have it in my posession and used it last weekend for sporting clays. I like the way it felt. It seems to load quite smooth. It did not jam on me at all but did twice for another guy shooting it. We put 50-60 shells through it between 3 of us and I hope to do a little more with some heavier loads before I make my decision.

Bill

birddogsunlimited

Post by birddogsunlimited » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:07 pm

ive had mine for about 4 or 5 years now i belive and ive put it through its paces and it shows cosmeticly but as long as i clean it a couple times a seeson it works just fine i did have some problems with it cycling for the first couple boxses of rounds but after that it has preformed almost flawless for me. my cousin also has one andits been a great gun for him aswell other than he didnt read the manuel and shot steel shot thruough the full choke withc inturn expanded the barel slighly and the gun had to be sent to stoger to be fixed
rossi ann. gsp
mavrick gsp
willow gsp
Charlie yellow lab
kimber yellow lab
barrett yellow lab
mikey choc. lab r.i.p buddy

RoosterBuster

Post by RoosterBuster » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:05 pm

I borrowed my friends last season and only had it stick once (below zero weather), got the first shot off, but couldn't follow up. Which sucked, but it didn't happen again. Other than that it was great.

tanner

Post by tanner » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:57 pm

i have one and it makes a better boat paddle than a gun, their just a knock off benelli and if ure looking for a $300 benelli this isnt it, mine just isn't tough enough for the weather i hunt in, when the weathers fair its pretty good, but in cold weather it jams up, and it HATES snow, and if you are shooting 2 3/4 shells you have to shoot high brass or it wont cycle. if it says anything im selling mine to.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:55 pm

If you will contact Stoeger all of the cycling issues can be fixed, and they should do it free of charge.

birddogsunlimited

Post by birddogsunlimited » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:06 pm

tanner wrote:i have one and it makes a better boat paddle than a gun, their just a knock off benelli and if ure looking for a $300 benelli this isnt it, mine just isn't tough enough for the weather i hunt in, when the weathers fair its pretty good, but in cold weather it jams up, and it HATES snow, and if you are shooting 2 3/4 shells you have to shoot high brass or it wont cycle. if it says anything im selling mine to.
thats odd ive had mine with a layer of ice over the whole gun to the point i was breaking it off with by taping it on the side or the boat so i could get the safty to move agian and it cycled flawless i love the gun
rossi ann. gsp
mavrick gsp
willow gsp
Charlie yellow lab
kimber yellow lab
barrett yellow lab
mikey choc. lab r.i.p buddy

shanebevel@gmail.com

Post by shanebevel@gmail.com » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:19 am

I have a buddy who has one. A few years back he went to Argentina with some of our friends (who all shoot Benelli SBEs) and after literally thousands of rounds at dove and duck (and crap house ammo at that) he, and one guy with an A5 were the only one who had not had to borrow a lodge gun while their guns were being fixed. Needless to say, all the smack talk ceased. I'll never own an autoloader, but I have shot his and it's a nice (if ugly) gun.