Stoeger Uplander

gittrdonebritts

Stoeger Uplander

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:49 pm

does anyone own one ? I won one at a pheasants forever banquet 2 years ago in 20ga and i love and it my wife's shotgun and she loves it, I'm thinking of buying the supreme combo with a 12ga and 20ga barrel.

jayhawkj

Re: Stoeger Uplander

Post by jayhawkj » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 am

I bought my 15 year old son the supreme combo, we have not been able to get the gun to fire any brand of shell except winchester. :evil:

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:04 pm

Really ? the short stock 20ga my wife has will shoot and has shot all kinds of amo Kent, Federal, Remington, Winchester.

fourtrax

Post by fourtrax » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:32 pm

About 4 yrs. ago I bought an Uplander 12 ga. I cut the pistol grip off, pounded it to an English Grip.
This was an experiment as my first sxs. I prefer an English straight grip for ergonomic reasons for my wrist.
I actually hit with it pretty well for an experimental piece.
I have purchased several other sxs since then.

My nephew has the Stoeger now.

I may either buy another & chop the grip or better yet buy myself the 12 / 20 ga combo that comes with a staright grip.
The Stoger is not a "Classy" gun. It is however, fairly well built (little heavy duty), solid, modern firearm that
handles 3" loads, steel shot, choke tubes, not grossly overweight either. Price is reasonable.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:12 pm

the English straight stocks i have no experience with never shot a gun with one I'm also looking at the combo and I'm kinda worried i won't shoot well with a straight stock.

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:59 am

Straight stock's were actually designed for double trigger guns. When you go for the second trigger the hand slides back a bit. They do look good and feel good tho so they are put on other guns. My 870 Special Field has one. My Charles Daley SxS had double triggers and a pistol grip! I've got four AyA's all single trigger with pistol grip. I really like the double triggers better.
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:03 pm

GDB,
The Stoeger 20 Guage is a good entry level double gun, my buddy Harold is an an old Marine Sniper Instructor and he uses his on every Grouse hunt.
If the Stoeger is good enugh for a man who knows as much about guns as this old timer does, its worth hunting with.

RGD/Dave

Harold with his 20 Guage Stoeger and a Grouse he killed with that bird gun at 50 Plus yards.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:58 pm

gittrdonebritts wrote:the English straight stocks i have no experience with never shot a gun with one I'm also looking at the combo and I'm kinda worried i won't shoot well with a straight stock.

I'm more used to pistol grip type stocks, even on my 12 ga. SxS with double triggers. Personally the guns with straight stocks generally don't fit me as well and therefore I don't shoot them as well. Right now I only have one Beretta with the English style straight stock and one son likes it, so it's his to use all he wants.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 am

Gentlemen,
IMO stocks are a personal item and I happen to own Pistol, Semi-pistol and straight stocks on my different Elsie guns, depending on which of my ancestors ordered the double gun. I happen to like the Semi-pistol grip for walking the Grouse woods, but shoot all three decently well.
RGD/Dave

12 guage #4 Elsie

16 Guage 00

16 Guage Silver Breech Field Gun

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:12 am

Stocks are personal as it is part of fitting a gun to you. I have a double with the straight stock and I just can't shoot well with it as I need a stock with more drop.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:19 am

Ezzy,
Good point sir, most gun stocks are ordered as a personal item, as part of the fit for the double gun to the individual owner. So depending on the size of the individual
gun stocks vary greatly. Proper fit up can vary a man shooting ability, greatly.
RGD/Dave