TriStar

rolawson

TriStar

Post by rolawson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:35 pm

Anybody have one of the new over and under 28 gauges. They weigh 4.8 pounds and come with 5 chokes. I have went to a couple of gun shops and they said that they were back ordered. I may buy one if the reviews are good. The problem I am having is finding reviews.

gittrdonebritts

Re: TriStar

Post by gittrdonebritts » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:52 pm

I don't think i even know anyone who owns a tristar never heard of them until I made a trip to cabelas and saw a few auto loaders in the used rack, sure some one here has experience with them

hotrod13

Post by hotrod13 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:36 am

I have a 20 gauge semi, I have had it for a little over a year and use it all the time. It is very light and does just fine, the only problem I have heard is getting a new firing pin for them, since the gun is made in Turkey, you have to find someone to make you one. I've shot over 500 rounds through it and never had a jam. Academy Sports (a southern sports store), was where I bought mine last year, but they do not carry them anymore.

Rod

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:50 am

I work part time at a sporting goods store and they sell some tristar shotguns from time to time. I got a bad taste in my mouth for them when I looked at one of their camo 3.5 in O/U s and realized that it was just a dipped wood gun. i think they are an alright shotgun, but that really bothers me for some reason.
jIm
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

Gordon Guy

Post by Gordon Guy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 am

I have an older model TriStar 411D, SxS, 28 gauge. It's balanced nicely and I shoot it well...well most of the time...but that's another issue. However, I have had a few problems with the second barrel not going off when the trigger is pulled. I can't remember what the first problem was but the second time there were burrs on the firing pin that caused the problem. There is a TriStar 28 gauge OxU in Cabela's (Boise) < $500.00 in good condition, right now and I pick it up everytime I go there. It feels nice when I shoulder it. It would be a great "knock about gun" for Western Chukar or Quail hunting.
Tom

gspmo1

Post by gspmo1 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:10 am

rolawson wrote:Anybody have one of the new over and under 28 gauges. They weigh 4.8 pounds and come with 5 chokes. I have went to a couple of gun shops and they said that they were back ordered. I may buy one if the reviews are good. The problem I am having is finding reviews.
I cant find any reviews for this gun either :( But I did find one of the guns for sale for under $500.00 I think I'm going to give it a try. I figure a 28 on that light of a frame with 5 choke tubes is a great deal!

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:08 pm

gspmo1 wrote:
rolawson wrote:Anybody have one of the new over and under 28 gauges. They weigh 4.8 pounds and come with 5 chokes. I have went to a couple of gun shops and they said that they were back ordered. I may buy one if the reviews are good. The problem I am having is finding reviews.
I cant find any reviews for this gun either :( But I did find one of the guns for sale for under $500.00 I think I'm going to give it a try. I figure a 28 on that light of a frame with 5 choke tubes is a great deal!
In reality i'd spend a little more and buy a CZ Bobwhite in 28. Chiefdog has shot one for years with no problem. I've got the ringneck and love it. But both are SxS.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:33 pm

I cant find any reviews for this gun either
Even if you could find a review I wouldn't trust it anyway. Seem like the gun manufactures have the magazines in their pocket. I recently purchased a gun after reading about 15 great reviews on it, and later found it to be a jamming machine, even the company service department acknowledged it when I called.

rolawson

Post by rolawson » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:48 pm

I bought one. I have shot 3 boxes of shells through it and love the little gun. It is a dream to shoot. It is well balanced and shots where I point it. The best part, at the end of the day my arms don't hurt. For the money, it is well worth it. Another thing, I don't hesitate to drag it through heck to get to a good grouse spot.