Laurona/ Zabala shotguns

Soldaat

Laurona/ Zabala shotguns

Post by Soldaat » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:11 am

Does

anybody know these Spanish shotguns? I can get either in O/U for a good price but cant find much info on them.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Re: Laurona/ Zabala shotguns

Post by mcbosco » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:58 am

terrym

Post by terrym » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:41 pm

I have a 20g SxS by Laurona that was given to me. Fairly low end guns really. It's in the safe in case one of my two daughters ever shows interest.
I don't like people who don't like dogs......

Wild Mtn muddy toes Tucker
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=3772

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:56 am

Don't pay more than 250, could be loaner gun to keep around. Or just for beating up training if you can get it.cheap enough.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:09 am

If yoiu have trouble finding one to buy, what are you gonna do if you need service? Spain has some really nice guns, but, they have some really low end too. I just looked on line and the name does come up. On the guns america site a laurona is for sale for $375. That could be the stealm of a life time or a dog. I have AyA Matadors. Paid $500 each for them used. Really good guns!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Christopher

Post by Christopher » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:06 pm

Laurona was a Spanish gunmaker and so was Zabala. Both made guns at various price points. It depends on the gun that you are looking at, if you can post more information along with some pictures of the watertable and barrel flats I can tell you more.

You should come over to the Spanish shotgun forum, we have more online information on Spanish shotguns than any one else in the world. It's a lot of fun, all are invited to join the group.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sp ... =505071105

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:34 pm

Soldaat,
The Zabala Gun makers are an old respected Spanish Gun making family, the quality of their work depends on the investment you want to make.
They produced many very high end shotguns and medium grade shotguns also. Marlin Contracted Zabala to produce the new 28 Gauge & .410 L.C. Smith SxS double guns, and gave them a certain monitary window to producde the weapons. Zabala did an outstanding job, keeping the price below $2,000 for Marlin. However the guns are hard to find, not all that many made it into the USA. The Quality of the weapons is very very good, with Chrome Lined BBls, French Walnut Wood, Purdey type locking system and old Hodges Breech work, and new Spanish type engraving with screw in chokes.
Pine Creek

The Zabala made 28 guage L.C. Smith

Soldaat

Post by Soldaat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:38 pm

Thank you all, Christopher I hope this description helps.
The gun is an o/u with 26 inch barrels.
Both barrels have 18.1 an
d 18.4 stamped on them, on one barrel it also says 1200 kgs and GMOS. The top barrel has 1 star and the bottom barrel 4 stars stamped on.

It just says Laurona Eibar on the bottom of the receiver. One side has nice engraving of a Pointer and a Setter, the other side has 3 birds engraved. The gun has double triggers which looks to be bronzed.

I,d like to find out as much as possible about this gun, it looks and feels just right. I e- mailed Laurona but no answes yet.

Ryman Gun Dog

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Soldaat,
The man you need to talk to is Larry Brown, he will probably be able to give the information you want on this weapon,
look him up on the Shooting Sportsman forum.
RGD/Dave