YILDIZ Shotguns

newmarguy

YILDIZ Shotguns

Post by newmarguy » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:35 am

Been away from my hobby for a few years but with retirement I now have the time to get back into it. I want to purchase a YILDIZ O/U but in Canada the local retailers are chargeing double - $800 for the same gun Academy sells for $400. Surely there must be a way to purchase one and have it shipped - I realize ther will be paperwork to bring it across the border but that does not seem to be the issue. Anyone have any suggestions for me on this issue. I don't mind paying a bit more but double is crazy.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Re: YILDIZ Shotguns

Post by mcbosco » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:59 am

I tried they wouldn't ship even in the US. The Baikals are available in Canada and go less than $500. That is a really sturdy gun, the action is very tight and stiff but if you don't mind that for a good year it is a heck of a deal. They are really well made.

wberry85

Post by wberry85 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:49 am

Sadly they will not ship anywhere, not even to an FFL inside the US. You could try ordering directly from Yildiz and see if it is any cheaper?

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:57 pm

wberry85 wrote:Sadly they will not ship anywhere, not even to an FFL inside the US. You could try ordering directly from Yildiz and see if it is any cheaper?
I tried that too. I even had a guy that speaks Turkisk get on the phone with me. No Luck.

wberry85

Post by wberry85 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:03 pm

You could try getting one from Gun Broker. A smaller dealer in US might ship to Canada or maybe someone located in Canada has one up on Gun Broker.

newmarguy

Post by newmarguy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Could one have a friend living in say Georgia buy the gun from Academy and ship it to a FFL dealer in North Dakota where I could come and import into Canada- What am I missing here :mrgreen:

Retiredbirddogman

Post by Retiredbirddogman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:26 pm

The thread caught my attention because I will be working in Izmir Turkey soon and was thinking of looking into purchasing a gun or two. Anyone know what preparation I would need to make to bring a gun back?
Thanks.