Brass - ? for reloaders

stlgsp

Brass - ? for reloaders

Post by stlgsp » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 am

Was cleaning out the gun cabinet and found a bucket full of brass that we've saved for years. We don't shoot enough to reload but is it worth anything to someone who does? If it's not I'll take it in and recycle it.

jimbo&rooster

Re: Brass - ? for reloaders

Post by jimbo&rooster » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 am

depends what kind of brass it is...... I may be interested.

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

stlgsp

Post by stlgsp » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:00 pm

I know nothing about reloading to say if it's good or not, it's a mixed batch of sizes and brands including some military surplus. As far as caliber there is probably 30.06, .270, .35, .30, .45, .38, .357 Did find more empty casings that were put back in the boxes. Finally convinced the husband they need to go, now need to find a home or scrap it before he changes his mind. Think I've found someone that wants the buckets of shotgun shells....

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:47 pm

What shotgtun hull's are they? The emty rifle and pistol case's I used to pay a nickle each for. Seem's to me that shotgun hulls were anout the same. I just bought a bag of 50 308 new brass. $25. If you have something rare the price goes up. The 30-06 and 270's you should not have any trouble getting rid of.Pretty much the same with the pistol cases. Go to a good sporting goods store that sell's reloading equipment and ask if they know whot can use them. I'd take some off your hands but other than 308's I've got a lifetime supply of the other's you have I could use.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:50 am

Work up a price on the brass and let me know what you want for it... I Imagine we can work something out.
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:46 pm

You need to find out the price it will bring as scrap, too. I did some brief looking around here: http://www.scrapmonster.com/scrap-price ... -scraps/26 . I'm not sure if I'm getting it right, but looks like over $2 per pound.

Reminds me that I have a bunch of once fired 20 AAs laying around that I need to sell.

Greg J.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Now I wish I had a 20. I assume they are old AA's? Them and Blue Magic were my favorite hulls ever.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:You need to find out the price it will bring as scrap, too. I did some brief looking around here: http://www.scrapmonster.com/scrap-price ... -scraps/26 . I'm not sure if I'm getting it right, but looks like over $2 per pound.

Reminds me that I have a bunch of once fired 20 AAs laying around that I need to sell.

Greg J.
Let me know what you want for the AA's

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:14 am

I'll sell them for $0.05 ea if you'll take all that I have....I'd have to count them, but we're talking about like a couple of bushels.

stlgsp

Post by stlgsp » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:45 pm

Jimbo - I just got back in town from picking up the dog from the trainer. I'll try to sort it out, see what I have and will let you know hopefully in the next couple of days. Need to look close at the shotgun shells, I think it's 12s & 20s are mixed together. Will check out the shotgun shells too, not sure what's in the buckets.

Thanks for the scrap price Greg, that's about the price I'm seeing locally.