Trying to decide

Ranger351

Trying to decide

Post by Ranger351 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:35 am

Ok so have a mid 80's 12ga wingmaster magnum fixed mod choke. I live in Az and hunt everything from rabbits, dove, quail, waterfowl and even considering varmint. I'm considering tapping it for chokes and can get that and 3 chokes for $ 125. With such a wide range of hunting can I use this or am I better off selling it and buying something different?

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re: Trying to decide

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:04 pm

If you shoot it well and it serves your needs, I'd just get the choke tubes and keep going. Take the extra $ that you'd spend to upgrade and spend it on a nice varmint rifle.

msuhunter

Re: Trying to decide

Post by msuhunter » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:54 pm

By all means if you shoot it well keep it. There are a couple of options you have, #1 Buy a extra barrel with choke tubes. The internet sites are full of extra barrels. # 2 Have a poly choke installed. I sent my 870 in and had a poly choke installed, it works just fine and I don't have to worry about losing choke tubes or wrenches. Price is about the same as a used barrel and you can have your barrel shortened to any length you want. Good luck.posting.php?mode=reply&f=86&t=33580#