Gun Shows

MN Bonasa

Gun Shows

Post by MN Bonasa » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:13 am

Anyone been to a gun show lately? There is one comming to town this weekend and I haven't been to one since I was a kid. Wondering are there good deals to be had at these events? Hoping to find a 16 ga sxs to add to my grouse arsenal right now I shoot a 20 ga o/u.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Re: Gun Shows

Post by nikegundog » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:24 am

MN_GROUSE_GUY wrote:Anyone been to a gun show lately? There is one comming to town this weekend and I haven't been to one since I was a kid. Wondering are there good deals to be had at these events? Hoping to find a 16 ga sxs to add to my grouse arsenal right now I shoot a 20 ga o/u.
The last couple I've been to haven't been worth my time, high prices with few guns moving.

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:42 pm

I was at one in des moines last weekend, and found prices to be lower than a year ago.

Doug

Southwind

Post by Southwind » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:30 pm

You have to go to enough of them to know what to look for and who to talk to. I find better deals on line most of the time.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:46 am

Da8n that's a cute puppy in your avatar! I went to one last year in Bend, a small one. A lot of the people selling there are nothing more than busines's. They go to the show's where most people thing their getting a deal and charge to much. There are some good deals though if you look. Don't get your hope's to high but go. I like them when they are close to me. Seldom buy anything.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:09 pm

nikegundog wrote:
MN_GROUSE_GUY wrote:Anyone been to a gun show lately? There is one comming to town this weekend and I haven't been to one since I was a kid. Wondering are there good deals to be had at these events? Hoping to find a 16 ga sxs to add to my grouse arsenal right now I shoot a 20 ga o/u.
The last couple I've been to haven't been worth my time, high prices with few guns moving.

i agree. we dont even go anymore.these folks are out to ROB YOU WITHOUT GUN.disgusting bunch they are.

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:16 pm

try EASTERN SPORTS SHOW at harrisburg,pa prices are just awful,then charge you to park and to get in.WE USED TO ENJOY GOING AND NOW VERY FEW IF ANY LOCALS GO ANYMORE.
sad .

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:34 pm

The last couple I've been to around the Twin Cities area weren't worth the admission. I'd rather browse Gander Mtn., Cabela's, Scheels & a few of the local dealers. I like to browse online but prefer to see, feel & check the fit of a shotgun before I buy.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

MN Bonasa

Post by MN Bonasa » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:29 pm

I did attend the one here in town and I was very dissapointed. :x I didn't have high expectations but this show was more like a knife show and junk show than a gun show. The only cool vendor was a guy selling pelts, so I did get a cool coyote and fox pelt to hang on the wall. Any decent sporting goods store had more guns than this show. Needless to say I wouldn't go again other than to add to my new pelt collection. I was thinking these things would have reps from gun brands but all they were were guys who think there guns are worth 2 times more than they really are. Also vendors selling crap that has nothing to do with anything, but there was a raffle station which had alot of cool guns to be raffeled off so I bought a chance at that.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:31 pm

What town was the show held in?
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it