Remington R-15 anyone?

Benny

Remington R-15 anyone?

Post by Benny » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:29 pm

I was curious on anybodies reviews or thoughts on the R-15. They look like a well built upper & lower obviously based on the bushmaster manufacturing that they've assimilated. They've been out for so long I was hoping to finally here some feedback.

I like a good review on killing beer and soda cans, but I was really curious about the coyote and big game hunters (R-25 models?) who are using them in the field and if they're meeting expectations?

Thanks for any input! :D
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot

seacowboy

Re: Remington R-15 anyone?

Post by seacowboy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:58 pm

Have quite a few friends with the R-15 used for varmints and predators, and they all love it. Some have changed the barrel out but that's it. The R-25 I believe picks up a bit of weight and the larger caliber can be tough on pelts, but you gain range and knockdown.

However for the price you can put one together and save a bit compared to the R-15 price tag. Their price is close to some custom built uppers, and complete lowers can be had on the cheap too, as low as $120 for a composite Plum Crazy.

Benny

Post by Benny » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:45 am

That's true, and I've always thought they were overpriced, I'm just now starting to see a few here and there used and suddenly gained interest in their reliability and function.

Thank you, that's good to know!
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot

steelefx4

Post by steelefx4 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:54 pm

Don't have a Remington, but I have an LWRC in 5.56, I mainly shoot surplus mil ammo that I "acquire" every couple weeks...As far as taking yotes it does it's job and is eaily accurate out to about 400+...about as far as I can shoot with the scope that I have on it...

On another note, I paid A LOT for my LWRC, but the operating system in it is so much cleaner that a normal AR, so it was worth it to me...over 2000 rounds and its still shiny on the inside, can't beat that...The only downside is that its pretty heavy, prolly 9+ pounds in its current configuration...

Jake