Citori 625 Feather

steelefx4

Citori 625 Feather

Post by steelefx4 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:59 pm

I have decided to get the Citori 625 Feather in 20 gauge...but as this is my first shotgun, I don't know what the difference is with the barrel length, either 26" or 28"?

I am pretty sure that the longer the barrel would give me a slight amount of distance for shots, so I am leaning towards the 28"...

I am staying away from a 12 gauge right now, because I just don't need the power behind it...if I move up to turkeys then I can always steal my brothers pump action...

Interested in peoples ideas over barrel length?

Jake

Vision

Re: Citori 625 Feather

Post by Vision » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:45 pm

The difference is not much.

Barrel length adds nothing to the range/distance of your gun. Barrel length adds to the stability and balance of a shotgun.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:51 am

Barrel does add to the balance of the gun but to much barrel put's more weight up front. Mafes a better swinging gun but doesn't handle snap shots well. If your in cover where yuo need to point and shoot, A 26" barrel might suit you better. But if your in a situation where you have time to shoot, a 28" might be better. Some guy's really do like a 30" but I can't use one. It would be great in a duck blind. I think I'd try to find some one at a trap and skeet range and try the different barrel lengths. When I did shoot that stuff, didn't shiit a lot of it, most serious trap shooter's were using 28" and longer barrel's. The serious skeet shooters were shooting 26" barrels. You need a gun that swings well in trap and a gun that points fast in skeet.

Saying you don't really need a 12 at this time is pretty good thinking. If you have a piece of, say ,#6 shot traveling at 1200 fps from any ga gun, it travels the same.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

tdhusker

Post by tdhusker » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:09 pm

That light of a gun, you don't need to worry about how quickly you can mount and swing.
Absolutely get the 28's. You'll never regret it.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:35 pm

tdhusker wrote:That light of a gun, you don't need to worry about how quickly you can mount and swing.
Not if you are hunting Ruffies and Woodcocks. I think you would regret it everyday. At least I would.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

tdhusker

Post by tdhusker » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:49 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
tdhusker wrote:That light of a gun, you don't need to worry about how quickly you can mount and swing.
Not if you are hunting Ruffies and Woodcocks. I think you would regret it everyday. At least I would.

Ezzy

I should quantify my opinions. I've never grouse hunted in the woods.