Beretta Prevail Sporting

codym

Beretta Prevail Sporting

Post by codym » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 am

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these shotguns? I really like some of the features beretta has added, but Im also concerned about how well they will hold up to lots of rounds. I think I'm going to order one but would like to hear any good or bad.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Re: Beretta Prevail Sporting

Post by mcbosco » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:06 pm

I have a 12 gauge Prevail Sporting with 30 inch barrels and I love it to death. I have had it for 2 years and I let a guy at my club use it for registered shoots. He also borrows it from time to time when he trains.

Great gun. I bought it from Joel Etchen Guns. If you get one get a new case though. The standard blue case made me nervous carrying it around.

codym

Post by codym » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Awesome, I heard that after a few thousand rounds some of the prevails would develop a sticky ejector have you seen that in yours? Hows the fit and finish? It's between the prevail and a 682 gold e but I can get a left handed prevail new in left hand for almost a grand less than a gold e.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 am

Not one issue at all, nothing. Every time bang and the ejectors are adjustable down to extractors. It has a much more modern feel than the 600's but that is subjective of course.

The trigger is removable and the stock is easy to remove with a hex wrench but all I have done to it is lube it.

Fit and finish is typical Beretta. Joel Etchen seems to have more attractive wood. That is why I bought it from him.

For field use, I can't believe you would get anywhere near the rounds where you would need even basic work. Not with this gun.

Some 600 fans think it is too modern but I don't.