new gun

MO_GSP

new gun

Post by MO_GSP » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:19 am

Just wanted to brag a little, I picked up a remington model 11 this weekend at a farm auction and just got off the phone with remington to verify it was made in 1906. I know these guns arent rare but I have still always admired them and the browning a-5, so I'm ecstatic to add a quality piece thats over a hundred years old, and on a limited budget its a big deal to me.

TraditionsGSPs2010

Re: new gun

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:21 am

That's awesome... Pictures?
David Hughes
Traditions Shorthairs

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:34 pm

MO_GSP wrote:Just wanted to brag a little, I picked up a remington model 11 this weekend at a farm auction and just got off the phone with remington to verify it was made in 1906. I know these guns arent rare but I have still always admired them and the browning a-5, so I'm ecstatic to add a quality piece thats over a hundred years old, and on a limited budget its a big deal to me.
Those guns operate by the entire barrel & bolt thrusting backward to work the action. Remington placed a block of wood at the back of the receiver so the bolt wouldn't hit the receiver in metal to metal contact. Also if the bolt travels back too far the slot for the bolt handle will start to get peeled back. If you plan to shoot it, I'd probably have a gunsmith check it out or at least get some advice from one on what to look for & how to fix it so it doesn't develop into a problem. Remember, shoot no steel shot through that barrel either.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:43 pm

That shotgun was built on the origional patients for the Browning. Pretty much an exact duplicate. As I recall the safty is in the trigger guard in front of the trigger on top. You'll pr4obably lear4n t5o hate it.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:11 pm

I had a 16 gauge in the Sportsman model. I shot it a bit and then found out the value on it so I fixed it up a bit with some wood and metal refinishing and sold it to my uncle. A real pain in the "bleep" to reassemble once you get it apart completely. Good luck if you break it completely down and enjoy, they shoot really well.