Let's see your other babies

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Let's see your other babies

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:20 am

Just was curious about what everyone else was shooting besides your bird guns. For instance I have a .45 acp that I have turned into a sort of project gun and have been working on for a couple of months now. Here she is. Polished the barrel throat, recoil plug retainer, barrel, feed ramp, installed a lightweight skeletonized trigger, beavertail, bobbed hammer, replaced the recoil spring plug, painted the grips because they don't make aftermarket grips for this model pistol yet but VZ grips is in negotiations with RIA to build them, whited in the serial number for a more custom look, bought a couple extra 13 and 14 round magazines for it. Next I will be replacing the grips with VZ grips and probably installing Novak style sights, don't care much for the combat style sights.

Before

After

JWP58

Re: Let's see your other babies

Post by JWP58 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:57 am

lots of goodies, Noveske lower, BCM upper, Centurion arms rail, battle comp ss, aimpoint micro, ect...
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:20 pm

I like it. That is going to be my next purchase in the future. Some type of AR platform rifle. Not sure what yet but I want one.

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:29 pm

I HIGHLY recommend Bravo Company Usa. Top notch and great prices.
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 am

What we are shooting beside's bird gun's? Not necessarily pet gun's? I love all of mine but don't shoot as much as I did when younger. I've got several handguns and like most of them: P89 Ruger that I seldon shoot. K22 combat masterpiece, mod 16 S&W in S&W 32 long, really love this gun! 38/44 Smith, High Standard HD military 22 LR, probably the most accurate hand gun I have and last a mod 1917 Savage semi auto in 32 short, never shoot it. My rifle's haave always been shot the most. I've got a Rem 700 ADL in 243 that was a God awful rifle when I got it new. Plastic stock I swore I'd never own but it was a present so I completely re-bedded it and got it to shoot. Another 700 ADL wood stock in 25-06. Really nice shooting rifle. Once I got it, I shot it about as much as my old Rem 660 in 308. That 660 was my go to rifle a lot of years. Then a Win Mod 70 Ftr. Wt in 6.5x55, Really really nice rifle and I love the cartridge. The cartridge is why I bough it. Rem 700 BDL with a Shilen barrel in 6.5x06, thist thing really shoot's but I mostly used it for target shooting anymore. I was young when I had it made, today it get's a bit heavy just carrying it to the car! Then a Mod 788 Rem in 308. It too was a gift from a good friend. He knew I liked them and he ran into one in 308 and got it for me. Great shooting rifle. Lastly I have a Paul Jaeger/1903 Springfield in 30-06. A guy that was like a dad to me had it made when he got out of the war in 1945. He left it to me when he dies. This rifle is a work of art. Paul Jaeger himself made it.

I almost forgot the 22's. Just two, a 783 Mossberg in 22 mag and a mod 62 Winchester 22 pump. That mod 62 is the best made 22 I've ever owned. Just a slick an action as I've ever seen. Shoot, my HD military is in the same class. You want to feel bad about modern rifles, get an old mod 62 and try it out!

I know it's not about shotguns but I also have a mof 37 Fther weight in 16ga, old corn cob forend. Probably the smothest pupm I have ever shot. Nostly it takes up space now as I only shoot SxS's.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 am

Guns? All of mine went to the bottom of the lake while I was boating. Honest....

I do prefer my colt new agent for a carry piece, the SA loaded come with everything I want in a 45, got a 45 made by same folks do the ria but it is polished up a bit more than the rias. Many rifles, just got a 1975 winchester 94 in 30-30 for 300. was shot like 15 times is all. Got 3 gun safes full need another safe to add some more. I go outside sit on the deck and shoot targets all the time.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935