Taurus - THE JUDGE

MN Bonasa

Taurus - THE JUDGE

Post by MN Bonasa » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Picked up the Taurus Judge 45LC / 410g hand gun this weekend. Just curious if anyone has this gun and how they like it.

i'm gonna carry it while grouse hunting up here in Minny for a just in case scenario. Can't wait to shoot it, but have to wait until this weekend.

Coveyrise64

Re: Taurus - THE JUDGE

Post by Coveyrise64 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Think I'll go with the Gov.....it will shoot .45acp as well as the .410 and .45lc.
MN Bonasa wrote:Picked up the Taurus Judge 45LC / 410g hand gun this weekend. Just curious if anyone has this gun and how they like it.

i'm gonna carry it while grouse hunting up here in Minny for a just in case scenario. Can't wait to shoot it, but have to wait until this weekend.
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

jwnissen

Post by jwnissen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:39 pm

I have sold quite a few of them and everyone loves them. Everyone sems to love them. I have sold the 3" chamber with the 6" barrel to bird hunters and clay pigeon shooters. I talked to one guy who hunts pheasant in South Dakota and his buddies and him like to draw from their holsters and shoot the birds; try to slow down the hunt a little :wink: . Enjoy it and let us know how you like it.

John

frosso

Post by frosso » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:43 pm

I don't own one but I had a heck of a good time shooting at incoming clays with 410s in it. It was laugh out loud fun! A little heavy to carry around but I can see where it would be a good snake and varmit gun. If I had unlimited $$$ it would be in my arsenal.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4514

My dog's not spoiled ... I'm just well trained

BigShooter
GDF Junkie

Post by BigShooter » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:48 pm

I'd have to go with the 6" Raging Judge Magnum for the 3" Chamber, .454 Casull & .45 LC. At 4.54 lbs. though it's pretty heavy. I prefer the Thompson Center .45 LC, 3" .410.
Mark

Willows Back In The Saddle
Tall Pines Hits The Spot
Tall Pines Queen Eleanor
Bo Dixie's Rocky
TALL PINES MOONBEAM

If it ain't broke - fix it

MN Bonasa

Post by MN Bonasa » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:54 pm

I shot my new Judge this weekend, lots of fun I really like it. Comfortable grip. Only downside 20.00 for a box of 20.........ouch can't do alot of plinking at that cost.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:30 pm

jwnissen wrote:I have sold quite a few of them and everyone loves them. Everyone sems to love them. I have sold the 3" chamber with the 6" barrel to bird hunters and clay pigeon shooters. I talked to one guy who hunts pheasant in South Dakota and his buddies and him like to draw from their holsters and shoot the birds; try to slow down the hunt a little :wink: . Enjoy it and let us know how you like it.

John
Just so everyone knows that's illegal is South Dakota.

jwnissen

Post by jwnissen » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:07 pm

nikegundog wrote:
jwnissen wrote:I have sold quite a few of them and everyone loves them. Everyone sems to love them. I have sold the 3" chamber with the 6" barrel to bird hunters and clay pigeon shooters. I talked to one guy who hunts pheasant in South Dakota and his buddies and him like to draw from their holsters and shoot the birds; try to slow down the hunt a little :wink: . Enjoy it and let us know how you like it.

John
Does anyone know why? Is it because there are 5 rounds because I have heard people putting plugs in 2 cylinders so that they can use them to hunt.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:17 pm

jwnissen wrote:
nikegundog wrote:

John
Does anyone know why? Is it because there are 5 rounds because I have heard people putting plugs in 2 cylinders so that they can use them to hunt.
Probably because they don't want a bunch of guys wounding birds, MN has the same law. It has nothing to do with 5 rounds, SD allows 5 rounds in your shotgun for upland.

MN Bonasa

Post by MN Bonasa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 am

jwnissen wrote:Probably because they don't want a bunch of guys wounding birds, MN has the same law
Nike, are you saying that its illegal to hunt birds in general with a handgun, or just using a .410 gauge shell? Does this law just pertain to pheasant hunting? I never heard of this law, but I wll do some research on MN DNR website. However I had no intentions of hunting pheasants with it. mines for home defense / just in case scenarios in the north woods loaded with 45's - being a .45lc / .410 ga. gun makes all the more cool!!

MN Bonasa

Post by MN Bonasa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 am

MN Bonasa wrote:but I wll do some research on MN DNR website
Partridge and Pheasant
• A person may not shoot pheasants or Hungarian partridge with a rifle or handgun other than a .22 caliber rimfire using short, long, or long rifle ammunition

highcotton
GDF Premier Member!

Post by highcotton » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:10 am

I had one of the 2 1/2" chambered models early on and it shot 6" to the left at 7 yards with 45LC ammo. Not much you can about that with fixed sights. I traded it to a guy who only wanted to shoot shot shells. I made him aware of the problem before we traded. Although I took a beating on the deal I was glad to get rid it.

I then had my local FFL order me one of the compact models. It had problems aslo. The ejecter was not in line with the cylinders. I could not even load the gun. The dealer sent it back to the factory for repairs and they did a super fast turn around (within two weeks). I was however dissapointed with the quality of the work. It appeared that someone had taken something similar to a dremel and ground the ejector leaving a sloppy looking job. The gun did function after the repairs but I wasn't happy with the craftmanship. Needless to say I took a beating on that one too. I will not try another Taurus product.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:39 am

jwnissen wrote:.... I have sold the 3" chamber with the 6" barrel to bird hunters and clay pigeon shooters. I talked to one guy who hunts pheasant in South Dakota and his buddies and him like to draw from their holsters and shoot the birds; try to slow down the hunt a little :wink: .

:lol:
I'd say that there was a bit of imagination present.
If true tho, pretty dumb on several levels.

I have seen the old 410 Contender on a skeet field.
Equally silly.

tdhusker

Post by tdhusker » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Mountaineer wrote:
jwnissen wrote:.... I have sold the 3" chamber with the 6" barrel to bird hunters and clay pigeon shooters. I talked to one guy who hunts pheasant in South Dakota and his buddies and him like to draw from their holsters and shoot the birds; try to slow down the hunt a little :wink: .

:lol:
I'd say that there was a bit of imagination present.
If true tho, pretty dumb on several levels.

I have seen the old 410 Contender on a skeet field.
Equally silly.
I doubt there's anyone seriously hunting phez with them but I have seen a rooster killed by a .410 Judge. Gotta be close.

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Probably shooting on a game farm where normal regs don't apply.

jtwelding

Post by jtwelding » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:38 pm

I have the Judge "public defender" it runs 2 3/4 with a 2" barrel I use it as a daily carry gun but I have shot some clays with it just for fun, I have hit a couple I reload all my plinking rounds but carry 45lc waxed hollow points when im not carring my 1911. Its a fun little gun

AtTheMurph

Post by AtTheMurph » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:51 pm

I prefer the S&W Governor. Think it is made better, the fit and finish are very good and the trigger is better IMO. Oh, and it's a true six shooter.