beretta urika 2

Adamdirk

beretta urika 2

Post by Adamdirk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:19 pm

i am looking into buying a new gun. any opinion on a urika 2?

bigeyedfish

Re: beretta urika 2

Post by bigeyedfish » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:07 pm

I haven't shot this gun specifically, but I've never had a single problem with the Berettas I've shot. I don't think their semiautos look great, but they're comfortable and they don't quit.

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:38 am

cant go wrong with that gun. beretta makes awesome guns. Look at franchi too. they have the same inertia driven system as benelli but cost less.

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:31 pm

stay with BERETTAS .they are gas driven. recoil is much better.
they have real light model now.
i like 20 ga in berettas. i have uricka field.

also gas driven handle different shells better than the inertia type.
i had heck of time getting my FRANCHI AL-48 to recycle light loads.
Last edited by JIM K on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:08 pm

gas driven does have a little less recoil but to me the difference isnt so big. Inertia driven does have its benefits too, its super simple to take apart and easy to clean, most of the muck stays in the barrel.

Adamdirk

Post by Adamdirk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:05 pm

i found one in our local paper and scooped it up for $600

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Xhipi1 wrote:cant go wrong with that gun. beretta makes awesome guns. Look at franchi too. they have the same inertia driven system as benelli but cost less.
I was given this same advice when I was looking at buying a Beretta Pintail, those engineers much of been drunk when they produced that dud.

jericklewis

Post by jericklewis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:54 pm

I've had one for about 5 yrs now. great gun, It is my go to gun. I've been testing the "dirty" gas operated gun debates with it.This gun operates flawlessly
a man becomes a man when he has pocket knives and online sex toys

tfbirddog2

Post by tfbirddog2 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Pintail is the Walmart Berretta.But have yet to see one problem out of that gun.
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:58 pm

tfbirddog2 wrote:Pintail is the Walmart Berretta.But have yet to see one problem out of that gun.
Our local Walmarts use to sell SBEs but never seen a Pintail in one. It has always went along on hunting trips as my backup gun, I've loaned it to about 10 people and everyone had the same sentiment when they went to unload it, basically the dumbest system I/they have had the displeasure of operating. After unloading it enough times you eventually get use to it, but it is a system that should have never been put into production.

tfbirddog2

Post by tfbirddog2 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:41 am

What dont you like about unloading it? I have a Extrema and not a fan of the unloading set up, but to me (IMO), its the last of my worries when the gun has only slitely malfunctioned one time, but havent complained it was -4 below zero, shot a light load and it was just slow as malasses to throw it out, but it was stupid to be out that day anyways, so only myself to blame.
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:29 am

tfbirddog2 wrote:What dont you like about unloading it? I have a Extrema and not a fan of the unloading set up, but to me (IMO), its the last of my worries when the gun has only slitely malfunctioned one time, but havent complained it was -4 below zero, shot a light load and it was just slow as malasses to throw it out, but it was stupid to be out that day anyways, so only myself to blame.
When you hand eject the shell out of chamber, the shell won't feed out of the magazine into the chamber. The only way possible to empty the mag is by hand feeding them out by the cut off release located up in the tube. Since most people are familiar with 870, think of the cutoff release on that, then move the release into the tube and make it three times as hard to work. There is a reason this gun only lasted on the market for about a year then disappeared, Beretta realized they put out a dud.

Pappy

Post by Pappy » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Can't be a Beretta. The oldest gun maker.

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:38 am

tfbirddog2 wrote:What dont you like about unloading it? I have a Extrema and not a fan of the unloading set up, but to me (IMO), its the last of my worries when the gun has only slitely malfunctioned one time, but havent complained it was -4 below zero, shot a light load and it was just slow as malasses to throw it out, but it was stupid to be out that day anyways, so only myself to blame.
no gun is perfect but beretta is close .
if kept clean and in your situation in COLD and all oil removed, it should be fine.
BERETTA in my opinion is best of shotgun .
gas system is way to go. :wink:

JIM K

Post by JIM K » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:53 am

beretta DID have problem with bent carriers which cause some shells not to reload.
they corrected that but there is repair place that sells better carrier if it does this .,
funny, i cant think of name at this time.