FRANCHI AFFINITY

JeffLex00

FRANCHI AFFINITY

Post by JeffLex00 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:57 pm

Has anyone purchased or had a chance to shoot the new Franchi Affinity yet? I am looking at getting a Franchi Affinity in 20ga as a backup (and early season gun) for my Citori. I finally got to shoulder the gun today, and I like the way it fits. There are some things that I like better about the M2, but overall, I was pretty impressed with the Affinity. And for almost half the price of the Benelli, I'm having a hard time justifying the extra money for the Benelli.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to actually shoot the Affinity yet, and if so, what did you think of it?

ranmcc

Re: FRANCHI AFFINITY

Post by ranmcc » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:07 pm

If you ever get a Benelli M2 in 20ga. You won't want to use anything else. I have one and it is the best
handling and shooting shotgun I have. You get what you pay for and you will not regret it.

jwilcher

Post by jwilcher » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:49 am

I have owned both an M2 and the Affinity. They are both 12ga but still the same gun. The Franchi is made in italy and shares the same trigger group/controls, barrel, rib, and bolt as the M2. The M2's recoil driven system is different which houses the recoil spring in the stock. The Franchi uses a set of rails that the bolt rides in that enclose a spring on the fore end of the gun. Both guns will digest whatever you feed them, and are relatively light. The fore end on the Franchi is however is slimmer and longer, and houses the recoil operation making the gun just a touch more heavy toward the front than the M2 (which I personally like). I doubt that one is more reliable than the other, and the Franchi is easier to clean and the ergonomics are leaps and bounds better than the M2. I would rather have the affinity regardless of price, and the fact that I could buy one in 12ga and one in 20ga for the price of an M2 is just about the best thing ever. That is why Benelli isn't releasing tons of them :mrgreen:

Tjwiley

Post by Tjwiley » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:27 am

Get the m2---- I have them all.

bossman

Post by bossman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:23 pm

Is the Affinity pretty easy to load? The only knock I have on my Montefeltro is it can wear out the thumb after a day of constant shooting. Is the Affinity better in that regard? How about the AL 48? (Does this need to be a new thread?) Thanks

jwilcher

Post by jwilcher » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:44 pm

Is your monte a 12 or 20ga? The hard to load aspect seems to be exclusive to the 20ga Benelli models. Both my M2 and Affinity are 12ga and both easy to load.

bossman

Post by bossman » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 pm

The Ol "Nail on the head". It's a 20ga and looking for a "back up" 20 auto.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:42 am

Have you looked at the new Mossberg's? :roll:
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

bossman

Post by bossman » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:30 pm

I've got someone looking for a Franchi Instinct Sl 20 with 26" barrel. If not, a CZ 20 ga Ringneck... I am told the Affinity, as well as most 20 ga auto's, have the same "loading" issue. Thanks