Restored my grandpas old Ithica Super Single M66

vartz04

Restored my grandpas old Ithica Super Single M66

Post by vartz04 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:17 am

Ive had this thing sitting in my gun cabinet since my grandpa Died about 8 years ago. I shot clays with it a couple times and was ridiculously accurate with it. I never took it out much because the wood was beat to heck, and the barrel was rusted (outside only bore is shiny). Since I got laid off I decided I would fix it up. As usual I never took before pictures but I found this gun online that was about in the same condition

http://www.gunauction.com/search/displa ... um=8453010

Well here she is now.

For the time being I just painted the barrel like the receiver (couldn't blue it cause the receiver is aluminum) but I plan to send the barrel off to get blued once I start working again. I took the entire gun down to bare wood/metal. Got 90% of the scratches/gouges/dents out of everything. Restained and Tru Oiled the stock and then painted the metal. I am taking it tomorrow when I go pheasant hunting (tomorrow is my grandpas birthday) so hopefully I will be able to take a rooster with it.

MATT4126

Re: Restored my grandpas old Ithica Super Single M66

Post by MATT4126 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:36 pm

I have that exact gun and have killed many of birds with it. i particularly love to carry it for woodcock. mine was my dads and is probably 30 years old at this point. worth much more to me than the advertised 125 bucks. i've put many rounds through mine with no trouble. super safe gun as well.

Vision

Post by Vision » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:08 pm

I have a .410, 20 and 12 gauge. Love these guns.

wannaBelkhuntin

Post by wannaBelkhuntin » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:20 pm

I had that gun in 12 Ga. with the deer slayer barrel and the rifle style sights on it. My mom bought it for my brother and I for deer hunting when I was in my teens [40 years ago]. That gun kicked harder than a mule. I have never owned a 12 ga. since because of that gun. Hurts my shoulder just looking at it. lol