Franchi Instinct SL

Born2Hunt

Franchi Instinct SL

Post by Born2Hunt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:16 pm

Looking to get reviews on this gun. Thinking about getting it in the 20 gauge. Please fill me in with the good the bad and the ugly. Thanks

mtlhdr

Re: Franchi Instinct SL

Post by mtlhdr » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:20 pm

I've got my eyes on one of those as well, though I don't know if I want the L or SL, 12 or 20...

Born2Hunt

Franchi Instinct SL

Post by Born2Hunt » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:55 pm

I'm going with the 20 because it lighter. Anyone out there have one???

High Brass

Post by High Brass » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:40 am

Carried an Instinct SL 20 ga this fall, great little gun. I feel that for its price quality and fit are a good value. Carrying this light weight o/u is a pleasure. I have had no problems with the operation of this gun at all to this point. Better get ya one!!!!

Thanks
Bob
Hard Scrabble Maggie
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"[He] hopes to own a dog that has pointing instinct, and bird-finding brains. The dog that will hunt for you, not the dog you have to hunt for. The better type of English Setter....[is] the dual-type: Which means, the kind that are fit to shoot over in the field on game, and the kind that are fit to look at, or have about the home, the balance of the year and be appreciated."

George H. Ryman
Ryman Gundog Kennels

trueblu

Post by trueblu » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:42 am

I bought the L right before pheasant hunting in KS this year. Hunted three days in 10 degrees, had no problems at all with the gun. Very light!! For the price it's great.

Born2Hunt

Franchi Instinct SL

Post by Born2Hunt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:52 pm

How's the recoil on the gun?.

High Brass

Post by High Brass » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:45 am

Recoil has been no problem. I feel a liight gun to carry is more important than the occaisional shot I take while hunting.
Thanks
Bob
Hard Scrabble Maggie
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"[He] hopes to own a dog that has pointing instinct, and bird-finding brains. The dog that will hunt for you, not the dog you have to hunt for. The better type of English Setter....[is] the dual-type: Which means, the kind that are fit to shoot over in the field on game, and the kind that are fit to look at, or have about the home, the balance of the year and be appreciated."

George H. Ryman
Ryman Gundog Kennels

MN Bonasa

Post by MN Bonasa » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:14 am

I purchased the SL in 20 gauage on the opening day of grouse season. So far I really like it, but have to wonder that it being so light in weight did that cause me to miss more birds that i would have liked. NOt sure but I will be shooting a ton of clays this spring and summer. I also picked up the Franchi Affininty autolaoder in 12 gauage.
I think Franchi makes the best guns in for their price point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Born2Hunt

Franchi Instinct SL

Post by Born2Hunt » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:28 am

I am thinking of buying the SL 20 for sporting clays, I don't think the recoil will be a factor.
"Democracy dies when the people wanting their government to take care of them outnumber those wanting to take care of themselves!"

We usually learn,, to overcome IGNORANCE,, but STUPIDITY cannot be overcome!!!

Life Member NRA

robert_lh

Post by robert_lh » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:04 pm

I'm in the market for a 20ga o/u I have to admit under six pounds, looks to kill, and I price that isn't too crazy? I'm listening. What is Franchi's reputation for quality? This just might be my gun.

Rod W

Post by Rod W » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:51 pm

MN Bonasa wrote:I purchased the SL in 20 gauage on the opening day of grouse season. So far I really like it, but have to wonder that it being so light in weight did that cause me to miss more birds that i would have liked. NOt sure but I will be shooting a ton of clays this spring and summer. I also picked up the Franchi Affininty autolaoder in 12 gauage. I think Franchi makes the best guns in for their price point.
I shot a few rounds of sporting clays with my SL,20 ga, a week and half ago and shot some of the lowest scores I have ever had. Needless to say, I didn't stick around the gun club for very long after paying! Some of the guys on my squad talked with the gun club manager about my low scores and he figured it out right away, I had shown him my gun and told him how light it was. John knew right away, I was probably blowing right past the clays! I shot a few rounds of trap yesterday at John Muir's suggestion, with John standing right beside me, JM-Gateway Gun Club, Land'O Lakes, Wi, manager/ one of the nations premier trap shooting instuctors with many state and national records/ previously shot for Winchester for 10 yrs/ instrumental in procuring Tom Knapp's, Winchester sponsorship.(That booming voice and contagious laugh of Tom's will truly be missed) Anyway, after missing 6-7 of my first 10 shots, John had me slow down and put a hard focus on these birds and I hit the vast majority of the remaining 1 1/2 rounds. If you have never had a lesson from a pro and would like to improve your shooting, you will never regret it! SO, Mn Bonasa, you were wondering correctly, as far as overleading the birds, and with regular target loads, recoil was not a factor but shooting some of my heavier reloads I could definitely feel the difference!
"Democracy dies when the people wanting their government to take care of them outnumber those wanting to take care of themselves!"

We usually learn,, to overcome IGNORANCE,, but STUPIDITY cannot be overcome!!!

Life Member NRA