CZ Bobwhite

Fithunter

CZ Bobwhite

Post by Fithunter » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Im Looking to buy a CZ Bobwhite 20 gauge but would like some feed back before pulling the trigger- haha.

I'm on a budget so the price if the gun definatley works. I shoot left handed and thought I'd avoid CZ since they are supposed to have cast stock for a right handed shooter. I checked out a Bobwhite at Gander Mountain and the stock seemed nuetral to me. I called CZ and they confirmed that they are cast for a right handed shooter. Am I missing something or is this particular stock without cast. I like the gun, the weight and the fact that I can use it in the field without worry about scratching it because its super expensive.

Any reason I should hold off on the purchase. Any comments on confirming it has a neutral stock.

Thanks

Jagerdawg

Re: CZ Bobwhite

Post by Jagerdawg » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:40 am

I bought a bobwhite last year couldn't hit anything with it. I patterned it and it shot two foot low at twenty yards. That is my only experience with just one gun.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:49 am

My husband is lefty and shoots a CZ Ringneck. The cast off for a right hander must be slight since Howie shoots this gun extremly well. Those double triggers could be a hassle for lefty.

uplandrsb

Post by uplandrsb » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:42 pm

i know a few who shoot the bobwhite and really like them.. i have the ringneck and it is one the easiest guns i have to shoulder.. and i shoot it well.. I went with the ringneck 20ga for the single trigger..

Fithunter

Post by Fithunter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:16 pm

I ended up picking up a Bobwhite 20 gauge with 26" barrels. My local gun shop had one that was $100 cheaper than Gander so I went a head and bought it. I should shoot it this week, but really like the fit and feel so far.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Nothing wrong with CZ. I've had a few of the ringnecks and the bobwhites in 20,28 and 12 guage. The double triggers are something to get used to but ended up loving them. Near Instant choke selection with the two triggers instead of fumbling with the switch up top. Also if you're scouting used guns the huglu and the DeHaan are the same as cz. Huglu is the manufacturer. Cz and others put their names on them.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:10 am

A shotgun is a tool. Some people are more than willing to pay far more than necessary for a gun that their then worried about taking into the field. I'd give the CZ's a look, mostly good report's about them. If "I" liked how it felt and looked, I'd buy it. I didn't ask anyone opinion about any of my ex wife's; maybe I should have but then that's not as important as a nice SxS! :mrgreen:

I love double trigger's. Had a Bernadelli and a Charles Daly with them; love double trigger's just need to get used to them.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Fithunter

Post by Fithunter » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:30 pm

I took my new bobwhite out yesterday and shot some training quail with it. I really like the gun so far. It handles and feels pretty good. I'm really glad I didn't drop $2k on a gun. This will do everything I need. I really like the looks of it to. Really sharp looking in person.

I plan on shooting some skeet soon with it. I switched to left handed shooting- so a bit hard for me to judge on that front yet.

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:20 pm

I own a CZ Bobwhite in 28Ga. I shoot it all the time with great results. When my son hunts with me, he uses it and I carry my 12Ga. and wish I was swinging the CZ Bobwhite.

Great gun, very good metal/metal & wood/metal fit. Great stock, 5 screw-in chokes......... It's a surgeon's tool, not for someone looking to throw as much lead in the air as possible.

I can walk FOR MILES carrying my 28 and barely notice i'm even carrying a 5.1 lb. gun.

Rob
May all your dog's points be productive & your arrows avoid all timber