SxS search, could use some help

hustonmc

SxS search, could use some help

Post by hustonmc » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Getting close to 5,000 round range on the ole' CZ Ringneck. I'm about due for a new backup, that's my excuse anyways. I'll give you a little back story first.

Growing up if there was a scratch on the stock or a speck of rust on the barrel, that neglect would immediately be returned with the back of the old man's hand. Go from there to the military when I would spend hours meticulously cleaning my weapon just to have some power hungry armor that would somehow find a speck and hand it back for another round of cleaning. Therefore, and I'm sure a shrink could assist, but I really don't give a flying poop about a work of art some choose to carry around as a gun. I keep my guns occasionally oiled, and cleaned twice a year......... that's it. The stocks are used to bash heads of crippled birds, as well as break my falls in the chukar hills. My guns get used and used hard, my focus of care is on my dogs and dogs alone.

My Ringneck does not have injectors, I like that. I don't need to quickly reload and I always keep my empties. Don't need city boys finding empties and figuring out there are birds around. I don't know what it's called but I can pull the trigger twice without having to hit the stock. So I believe that is a mechanical action vs the pendulum action.......... I don't know what it's called. But if I have a dud in barrel 1 and have no recoil, I want to be able to shoot barrel 2.

The odd part, regardless of my gun abuse. I will never sell a gun or ever buy a used gun. I get an attachment to them. I believe in guns being gifted down through generations. The man....or women......and their gun, doesn't get more American then that. So that being said new guns only, and it needs to be fairly good quality because it's going to be around awhile.

Soooooo, what's out there gentleman that know more about this then I do.
20 gauge
26in barrel
mechanical action
1 trigger
around the $1,500 mark
something different then a CZ, don't need another blonde. Sometimes you just have to try the Brunette

mask

Re: SxS search, could use some help

Post by mask » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:45 am

I like the ugartechea. I have killed a ton of chukar with them ( I have 2) in the last 15 years with never a malfunction. I did take a heck of spill and broke the stock off one but falls happen chukar hunting. I don't know if they come with a single trigger but I like the double trigger system so it is not and issue for me. They seem to be good guns and are some where near your price range.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Another CZ.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:53 pm

Cabela's "bleep" (only available in 28" barrels).

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:12 pm

mask wrote:I like the ugartechea. I have killed a ton of chukar with them ( I have 2) in the last 15 years with never a malfunction. I did take a heck of spill and broke the stock off one but falls happen chukar hunting. I don't know if they come with a single trigger but I like the double trigger system so it is not and issue for me. They seem to be good guns and are some where near your price range.
I've looked at these more then a couple times. I am horrible with the double trigger, I'm sure I could get used to it eventually. Thanks for the replies so far. As picky as I'm being I vary may have to get another CZ. But the bar isn't closing yet, so no hurry. I'll see what else walks in before I settle.

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:27 pm

I just found this for you...and no it's not my gun! I know you said new...but this looks really nice and within your price range.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =457504240
A good bird dog is always the right color

Gordon Guy

Post by Gordon Guy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:04 am

Model 30 Ugartechea + 1 (I'm getting use to the double triggers)
Also available in Gunbroker
I have one and I like it. :)

Browning BSS 20 gauge, english stock 26" barrels (Only available used)
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =456455935
I had one and I miss it. :(

TriStar 411D (well within your price range but only available used as they don't make that model any longer)
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =457055007
I have two of these models, one in 28ga and the other in 12 gauge. I've had no problems with them.

a new gun huh?! Finding a new gun at that price with those parameters might be hard. Check out the TriStar guns. They have a few new models available but are a little bulkier/heavier then the 411D's
Tom

Gordon Guy

Post by Gordon Guy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:16 am

TriStar
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =456443971

I think these guns are still in production.
Tom

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:29 am

I was actually looking for Tri-Star but couldn't find any new side by sides. When I bought my CZ 6yrs ago I had people telling me to look at a Tri, So thank you. I also discovered a Webley Scott, on the high side of the price range. If I wasn't 5G's into my custom .338 Ultra build, I might be a little more flexible with price. You know the weights on the Tri SxS?

Gordon Guy

Post by Gordon Guy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:54 am

You know the weights on the Tri SxS?
No I don't... I like light guns but not too light, that's why I like the 28 TriStar (411D) not as light as some but much lighter than others. I haven't weighed my 12 gauge 411D but it should be under 7 lbs. The stock demensions (From the factory) are generally 14 1/2", 1.5" and 2.5" with no cast.
Tom

P&PGunsmith

Post by P&PGunsmith » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Gordon Guy wrote:TriStar
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =456443971

I think these guns are still in production.
Tri star had discontinued there side by sides. I heard they have a new one coming out though soon. You can find used ones such as the one Gordon Guy posted. I have sold quite few Tri stars and my son has a sxs and o/u. both have performed flawlessly.
Take Care
Pete

Uplandish

Post by Uplandish » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:10 pm

Nothing wrong with blondes especially if you know they are faithful. Thats a metaphor, get another CZ because you know they work for at least 5000 rounds... FWIW at 5K rounds a CZ is just barely getting broke in.

Or get a Benelli Ultra light.