Benelli Ethos or Montefeltro

Hotchkiss

Benelli Ethos or Montefeltro

Post by Hotchkiss » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Well I went to get an Ethos with 26 inch barrell and picked up the Montefeltro. I did not buy either but leaning towards the Monty. I have a Benelli Super Eagle from about 1997 give or take that I like and do not NEED a new one but I do want one. What are you thoughts on each gun?

codym

Re: Benelli Ethos or Montefeltro

Post by codym » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Have you looked at the ultra light? I'm in the same boat as you, I need a 12 ga. backup/turkey gun and I want it with a 24' barrel. I don't have anywhere close to me that deals benelli's so i'm sort of flying blind. I had a super 90 a couple years back that I wasn't super fond of as far as fit was concerned, but it was very reliable. I'm hoping that by going with a newer model ie the BUL or monte the shims can work out my fit issue and I will still get the same reliability of my old super 90.

Hotchkiss

Post by Hotchkiss » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:14 pm

I went with the Montefeltro today. It just seemed to fit perfectly every single time I have raised it over the last four days.

I did look at the ultra light and it did not fit as well for me. Plus I am normally a black synthetic nothing fancy kind of guy.
So I went nuts and got a Montefeltro Silver 12g.

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:27 pm

I know this is a old post but for those of you curious its apples and oranges I have both and the ethos shoots better less recoil smoother trigger and you come down quicker and on birds lots faster , you can hardly feel it kick a buddy of mine shot it and had one the next month