Citori Cracked

mboss

Citori Cracked

Post by mboss » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:40 am

Anyone ever seen anything like this? This is a 14 month old Browning Citori. It's only been in the field 7 times, and has less than 2,000 rounds put through it. Cracked open last Saturday. Never been dropped, never been left outside or cold. It's stored indoors in a display style case in my den. Fully aware that even nice things break sometimes but this is nearly new.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nevermind

Re: Citori Cracked

Post by nevermind » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:38 am

Will Browning replace the stock? seems the gunstock should be cover under a warranty , if defect was not caused by purchaser. Looks to me like inletting was to tight or weak wood grain in stock or combination of both and the stock couldn't handle the recoil.

mboss

Post by mboss » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:52 pm

I spoke with Browning and they said they would "look" at anything under 5 years old. I asked what that meant and the rep told me that I need to ship them the gun, they'll look at the crack, and decide how much, if anything, to pay for. He said the look at the overall condition of the gun as well as the defect and decide. I understand the idea behind not just shelling out for every customer who breaks his gun, but it's a bit frustrating as they told me it would be 5-8 weeks after they get the gun before they would respond with what they would charge to fix it. After I say yes or no, it's then either few weeks to repair it, or an additional 5-8 weeks for them to return it to me. We're talking next season before I use this gun again.

nevermind

Post by nevermind » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:28 am

I would be disappointed too about the response from Browning. The rep might have been giving you the longest time frame. You're not going to be able use the gun in it's present condition anyway, so I would send it to them. Hope things work out for you.

mboss

Post by mboss » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:18 pm

Happy to report that Browning 100% took care of this issue. While the service rep on the phone was a bit discouraging, they took care of it. I shipped it back to Browning (110 dollars, so I'll give a tip and say pack it yourself don't like UPS do it they charge an arm and leg). I got a postcard with a tracking number on it, and a web access address. Initially it said it would be completed by May 28th, but I got it back April 2nd. Only took 4 weeks. Replaced the stock with a new one for no charge.