Fabarm shotguns

magspa

Fabarm shotguns

Post by magspa » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:21 am

Anyone have any experience with them? Ive been thinking of trying out one of their lefty models.

tnbndr

Re: Fabarm shotguns

Post by tnbndr » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:59 pm

I owned and shot an XLR5 for a year. No issues with it shot and cycled most ammo. Never broke down.

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:02 pm

magspa wrote:Anyone have any experience with them? I've been thinking of trying out one of their lefty models.
What kind of Fabarm are you looking at? They're an old Italian firm that makes many different guns. I've got a Fabarm Classic Lion, SxS, 30", DT. The vaunted Tribore barrel and 4 underlugs (interesting) really do reduce recoil. Bought it for a SxS clays gun. Good choice. I should shoot it more!

You can find reviews of whichever Fabarm you're looking at on the net. However, if you're looking at SxS Classic Lion, I will certainly post more.

magspa

Post by magspa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:14 pm

Im looking at their over/unders. Mainly because they offer them with cast for lefties and their prices seem reasonable.

TTIERNS

Post by TTIERNS » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:09 pm

I am looking at a Fabarms L4S in 12 gauge. Anyone shoot one of these? They are at the top of my price range along with a Browning and Benelli. Any preference?

tnbndr

Post by tnbndr » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:32 am

I am looking at a Fabarms L4S in 12 gauge. Anyone shoot one of these? They are at the top of my price range along with a Browning and Benelli. Any preference?
I purchased an L4S Sporting in June of 2017, very nice shotgun. Well built and cycles everything I put through it.

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:16 am

Mags, their ELOS guns are a very nice O/U.

ozoro

Post by ozoro » Wed May 16, 2018 10:12 am

Fabarm is an Italian company in Brescia, in the vicinity of Beretta and most other Italian gunmakers. They only make shotguns: SxS, O/U, pump and auto. They used to be distributed by H&K, but I hear they've gone over to SIG now.
I don't know what type of gun your friend has, but last April I bought a left-handed H-368 autoloader new for $550. I shot a few boxes of 3.5 dram loads to break it in, and it's functioned flawlessly over 1,000 times since. Synthetic stock with swivel studs, action's a copy of the Rem 1100, piston's an improvement on Beretta's. Excellent fit and finish all around. The cylinder wall's a bit thin, so be careful not to bang it hard when disassembled. That's my only caveat. Best money I ever spent on a gun.