Franchi Affinity vs. Browning Silver Hunter 20 GA

idahomarine

Franchi Affinity vs. Browning Silver Hunter 20 GA

Post by idahomarine » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:34 pm

It's me again (aka the most indecisive gun buyer on this forum). I am looking for suggestions and input on the Franchi Affinity and Browning Silver in a 20 gauge. They are the two autoloaders that fit me best and I read good things about both. I will use it primarily for sharptail, chukar, and jump shooting ducks.

mask

Re: Franchi Affinity vs. Browning Silver Hunter 20 GA

Post by mask » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:41 am

I shoot a beretta xplor lite but if I had to pick one of your choices I would go with the browning.

SHaRPS

Post by SHaRPS » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:11 pm

I purchased the Franchi Affinity for my father in 20ga and he loves it. Its inertia driven so you do have to have it shouldered well so that the shell cycles properly. I also read that breaking it in with some light loads and a few heady loads also helps. I did this for him by shooting 100 rounds of skeet and 100 rounds of sporting clays and we never had a jam or issue. I also updated the front sight to a comp sight with interchangeable colors and its like a whole different gun. I also have the new Benelli M2 slugger in 20ga and bought a bird barrel for it. I do not see a huge difference in the performance of these two but the benelli does seem a bit more solid.

Sorry - no experience with the Browning Silver.

idahomarine

Post by idahomarine » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:59 am

Thanks for the input. At this point, it will probably be which ever gives me a deal first.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 am

Both guns are close to the same weight with the Affinity slightly less. The plus for the Affinity if the Inertia System as it generally requires less maintenance than a gas operated. The plus for the Browning Silver is that it is Gas operated and should have less recoil than the Affinity. But unless you are shooting heavy 3" shells recoil shouldn't be a big factor. Both nice guns. The Affinity does run a couple hundred bucks less. Good luck with your choice.
Janee's August Breeze - Bree
http://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree. ... erations=5

NSTRA Champion Godfather's Dakota Elle 2008-2016
https://gundogcentral.com/view_pedigree ... erations=5