Benelli's Semi-automatic UltraLight

SouthDakotaBound

Benelli's Semi-automatic UltraLight

Post by SouthDakotaBound » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:10 pm

Has anyone shot this gun?? I am really wanting to try this gun out. I hear its only 6lbs and is a good carry for those long walk hunts. Would like to hear a review if anyone knows much about this gun.

Thanks

airmedic1

Post by airmedic1 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:52 pm

They are sweet, mine doesn't seem any heavier than my Montefeltro 20ga. I don't think that I should it as good as the Montefeltro though, might just be my imagination. Check out shotgunworld.com in the Benelli section for lots of opinions and reviews.
Of all the places I've been, this is one of them!

Vman

Post by Vman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:40 pm

Have one and it is very light @ 6#.
I am a Benelli guy, I own a Montefeltro and an M1 both in 20 ga. The things I do not like about the Ultra lite is;

Field loads kick hard. {because of lack of wieght}

Recoil pad fell off{lost} I don`t know why they have a recoil pad that is removable when they don`t offer any other pad for it. :roll:

It only holds 2 shells in the mag. +1

If you can shoot and are looking for a light gun buy the M2 in 20 ga.
That is for hunting,, not targets.

mtjim

Post by mtjim » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:33 pm

A Benelli Ultra Light is what it is.

A 6 lb. 12 ga. shotgun.

I packed it for 10 days in North Dakota this fall and I never felt like it was kicking me too hard. I shot 1 1/8 oz of 6's with the first shot - high brass - and followed up with two in the magazine of 1 oz 4's. With a Modified Choke I was more than satisfied with the results.

Since I've been home I've been hunting quail. 1 oz of 9's for the first shot followed by two 1 oz 8 loads in the magazine.

As far as the butt plate falling off - I can't even get mine off without really yanking on it.

It is also very easy to disassemble and reassemble after cleaning. It's a slick shotgun. The very finest Automatic I've ever shot.

In my opinion anyone who shoots 3 inch shells through it would be asking for a headache but then 3 inch shells give me a headache in just about any gun I shoot them in.

I'm glad I bought mine.
Be wary of the man in the tattered old hunting coat with the bony pointer and the well worn side by side, he'll outshoot you every day.

airmedic1

Post by airmedic1 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:36 pm

I carried mine on Saturday, it's nice and light. I took the plug out and you can slide 3 into the magazine, the last one drops onto the shell follower. It works just fine that way, it's a tight fit but it goes in. I still don't feel like I shoot mine as well as the Monte in 20ga. I carried it the other day for the extra payload of the 12ga for the follow up shot when I let the inexperienced guys shoot first.
I looked at a Monte in 12ga, they have them on sale at our local Scheels for $900.
Rog
Of all the places I've been, this is one of them!