Nutrena Loyall

dlfl

Nutrena Loyall

Post by dlfl » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:46 pm

I saw Nutrena Loyall recomended as a good dog food. It is available here and on paper it seems to be a better product compared too what I am feeding . Anyone use this food?
http://www.loyallpetfood.com/
Dіck

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Nutrena Loyall

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:02 pm

we looked in to it talked to a rep....wasn't cost effective for us to even try
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:18 pm

I believe it's a very good feed. I checked out out the ingredients etc which I know doesn't tell you everything, but it's a good reliable company. A couple of months ago, it was under .75 a pound, but I don't know about now.
big steve

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:46 am

I won't pay what they want for the Loyall food.. I did switch to the Nutrena 27/18 formula, dogs are doing fine on this food. It is also affordable IMO 19.00 for 50 pound sack. My dealer dropped Diamond and Blackgold when he put this food in his store.

Mo

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:06 pm

Maurice, I can't find the ing on this. How are the stools?
brenda

gwgdog66

Post by gwgdog66 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:22 pm

It looks like a very good feed. If it were a bit cheaper I might consider using the Lamb & Rice formla. I have one that any type feed with corn in it gets her scratching.

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:54 pm

snips wrote:Maurice, I can't find the ing on this. How are the stools?
Brenda so far this food is doing a good job with the dogs.. The stools are firm, easy to clean up.. I have increased the food since the weather is getting cooler. The name of the food is River Run, I am feeding the 27/18 formula they make a 24/20 ration too. I just hope they don't start changing things.

Mo

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:30 am

My trainer did a trial run on some dogs in the kennel earlier this season and was quite happy with the results. He is now in the process of switching his entire training string over to the Loyall Performance feed.

On a side note, the company has been extremely supportive of field trialing. They sponsor the Delaware Valley Champagne Classic, have provided bags of food for placements at some of the other weekend trials, and their local rep has been to several of the Brittany field trials in the Northeast.
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

Mr October

Post by Mr October » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:22 pm

I use it and have been very satisfied both with cost and stools. I started with pro and both of my dogs gained to much weight to quickly. I then switched to the maintenance and they both have done well on it. I was using Eukanuba prior at $43 per 40# bag, I now pay about $25 for that same 40# bag.

CherrystoneWeims

Post by CherrystoneWeims » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:37 pm

The trainer that I have one of my dogs with is using it with good results.
Pam
Cherrystone Weimaraners
Breeding for Conformation and Performance
NFC/FC Cherrystone La Reine De Pearl
CH Cherystone Perl of Sagenhaft MH,SDX,NRD,VX,BROM
CH Cherrystone Gone With the Wind JH

BrettBryan

Post by BrettBryan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:56 am

I have started to feed Loyall. I fed the 31/20 Professional and the dogs did pretty good on it. I switched them gradually over to the 24/20 Loyall active and it didn't agree with them near as good. It was ok, but the dogs seem to have quite a bit more stool and werent' as solid as I like. So, I'm in the process of switching them back to the 31/20 Professional Loyall. I should know in a couple of months whether this will be the food I start feeding for good.
Old dogs, children, and watermelon wine

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:08 pm

I tried it and found the same as you Brett. I switched back to Exceed.
brenda

BrettBryan

Post by BrettBryan » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:15 pm

Brenda,

Maybe, I should try the Exceed. Only problem I have is that I actually have to drive into the city to get it :( There are so many cars around where the Sam's is, it's very hectic to get in and out. Drives me banannas. I'm not made to handle traffic. I guess I could buy a pickup bed load when I went. Well, I'll keep feeding this Loyall 31/20 and see how they are in about a month. Then, make a decision from there. I hate switching my dog food. I haven't switched it in 8 years until Purina started fooling around with their formula. They told me they are bringing the old formula back, but I haven't seen it in the store yet. All they did was make me realize I was paying too much for dog food. I'll find something my dogs get along with. take care and happy new year!
Old dogs, children, and watermelon wine