Unplanned pregnancies.........?

twofeathers

Unplanned pregnancies.........?

Post by twofeathers » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:52 am

I have a question that a buddy asked me the other day. If a bitch becomes pregnant by some other breed or mutt, and whelps that litter would that in anyway affect what she could pass on to future offspring (bloodline)? I wanted to say that it does not, but was not absolutely sure.

SwitchGrassWPG

Re: Unplanned pregnancies.........?

Post by SwitchGrassWPG » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:58 am

The biggest harm would be the the chance of brucellosis being passed from an unknown/untested dog.
Only thing worse than a bad dog is no dog at all...

http://www.switchgrasswpg.com

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:03 am

Haven't heard that question in a long time. Ask your friend to think about people , do the children of a second marriage have any biological connection to their mother's first husband if she had children with him. NO

Birddog3412

Post by Birddog3412 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:15 am

I would also be worried about her giving birth, if she got bred by a large breed dog having the pups could tear her up bad.

twofeathers

Post by twofeathers » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:16 am

Just to clear things up there isn't a dog involved with this question, we were discussing bloodlines when this came up. And he made the analogy that someone had told him (not to be rascist) that if a white woman was pregnated by someone of another race that somehow her genetics slightly change also. So he thought this must also be true for dogs. There was a lot more to our discussion this was just something I didn't think he was right about but didn't really know for sure. Please do not take any offense to that comment, none was intended.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:05 am

Pregancies do not change the DNA of any animal. If it did then the DNA of any female would change everytime she got PG and it would be useless in identification of a female individual.

I really thought that old wives tale disappeared years ago when genetics was first identified.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:54 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Pregancies do not change the DNA of any animal. If it did then the DNA of any female would change everytime she got PG and it would be useless in identification of a female individual.

I really thought that old wives tale disappeared years ago when genetics was first identified.

Ezzy
ditto!

twofeathers

Post by twofeathers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:30 am

I do agree with you..........I never heard of this, and never questioned it myself. The way he posed his argument seemed to have some validity with those offspring being inside the mother and her giving to them and absorbing from them that their blood cell or dna could be absorbed by her. I really had no good comeback for that and it got me to thinking. Thats why I asked. Again I hope this was in no way offensive and thank you for your replies.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:59 am

twofeathers wrote:I do agree with you..........I never heard of this, and never questioned it myself. The way he posed his argument seemed to have some validity with those offspring being inside the mother and her giving to them and absorbing from them that their blood cell or dna could be absorbed by her. I really had no good comeback for that and it got me to thinking. Thats why I asked. Again I hope this was in no way offensive and thank you for your replies.
Stop worrying about a good topic for discussion. Valuable one for anyone that didn't know the answer.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.