Wart?

twofeathers

Wart?

Post by twofeathers » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 am

Was petting my GSP and noticed what felt like a tick at the base of the back of his neck. I really had to look hard at this thing to determine it wasn't a tick. It is exact shape and size of a tick minus legs and coloration. Never noticed this before so it had to have grown recently. Any ideas? Was thinking of freezing it off but didn't know if the hair would grow back or if it would multiply. Is it something I should address with the vet or am I being a worry WART?

jlp8cornell

Re: Wart?

Post by jlp8cornell » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:42 am

Sounds exactly like a skin tag. A lot of dogs get these and they are benign. Usually no reason to take them off unless they become irritated/bleed. I would leave it alone.

Unless it changes in size, appearance, etc, I would not make a trip to the vet. You can point it out at his next regular visit.

Birddog3412

Post by Birddog3412 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:55 am

I agree with the above!! You get a chance to shoot anything with that 44mag yet?

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:53 am

twofeathers wrote:Was petting my GSP and noticed what felt like a tick at the base of the back of his neck. I really had to look hard at this thing to determine it wasn't a tick. It is exact shape and size of a tick minus legs and coloration. Never noticed this before so it had to have grown recently. Any ideas? Was thinking of freezing it off but didn't know if the hair would grow back or if it would multiply. Is it something I should address with the vet or am I being a worry WART?
The base of the neck is a bad place for that because its gonna get ripped off at some point. I would have it removed.

twofeathers

Post by twofeathers » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:07 am

I probably shouldn't post this because I feel like a moron. :oops: I will anyway so someone else may use it as a learning experience. It was a tick. Pull has darker skin color on his head and neck where he is all black and his skin is like a grey color (As well as the ticks). Well the ticks little legs were no where to be seen when checking it out. I grabbed it at the base and gave a tug and out it came head and all.
Birddog3412 wrote:I agree with the above!! You get a chance to shoot anything with that 44mag yet?
Only a troublesome raccoon. Hopefully a deer late season muzzel loading. My son may take a deer with it also he is shooting a paper plate at 50yds. with it. Totally enjoy shooting it.Thanks